Sunday, September 30, 2007

As time goes on...

Hello again,
Just another quick note on here. Doc was here to see Don yesterday. He reviewed the x-rays and decided there might possibly have been a slight fracture just behind one of the toes. He gave Don another week on crutches and then 4 weeks with the boot on. So, keep praying for Don. His frustration level rises each day he realizes he can't do something.

We received word that our container should be in, in about ten days. (Another frustration level for Don). We are anxious to get it and start distributing the food. So many people are hurting here.

Another note of frustration is that our newest grandson, "J" has his tenth birthday today, and he is still not HOME with his family. He was seven when this whole process started. Pray for the whole family as well as the man who has yet to sign the papers to release "J" from Haiti. We believe in prayer and answered prayer, and we ask everyone to pray with us for this special request.

We have been inundated with rain. It seems every evening, we get some heavy, heavy rains. We have had enough now, and hope it stops soon. Vero and I went out the other night to change the water in Abbie's pool and wash Ti-Dove. Well, the pool got emptied (it's not real big), and we had started washing the truck when the evening downpour started. Since Don couldn't help, he stood in the doorway, TAKING PICTURES of us out in the downpour. But the truck was washed and clean.

Speaking of pictures, I have still been unable to find the program I want which reduces the pixels for putting them on here. Eventually I'll have some.

Every family has it's problems, and ours is not without. Please keep our kids in prayer as they walk through the problems they are facing. God is in control, but they need to concentrate on Him, not on problems. I guess that's true for ALL of us, family or not. It's a hard lesson to learn. We tend to keep the problem at the forefront, and not the Problem Solver, Jesus Christ. It's hard to overcome human nature, isn't it? But we can do it.


"Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you." 2 Thess. 3:16

4 comments:

EasterFamily said...

Hi Again,

It seems the rain has started to fall in our neck of the woods as well and Paul had to cut his way out to the main highway, due to the falling trees and branches. Today was the Haiti meeting after 11AM service. We are all eager and excited to return. I picked up 2 applications, one for Paul and one for me. We are so looking forward to seeing you all again.

I will be leaving for Hawaii to attend to family matters in a week. I feel that this will also be a "mission" or sorts. Too many of my family members do not know the Lord. I pray that Jesus will reveal Himself to them thru me. When I was there for another family matter back in May, I do believe that seeds were planted. I am praying for wisdom on how to proceed during this visit.

Pastor Kris has been speaking on "More of Jesus and less of me".....that is what I am working on.

Well, the kiddo's are both with the crud, aka cold symptoms and I know there must be homework that needs to be tended to.

We will be praying for Don and the container. This blog is a great idea, I think it is really cool.

Give Abbie a hug and kiss from Aunty Tammy.

All our love,

Tammy

Amy said...

Hey Karen, sorry about Don's foot. You can check out my b'day post for J on our blog. As far as pics go, I just click on the add pic button and browse and then upload (or try to) one at a time. If it's too big sometimes the computer will time out. Sometimes I try the pic again and it goes no problem. Go ahead and try one without condensing it first. Your connection is probably faster than ours, and you're in a third world country. Go figure. Anyway, it was nice to see another post.
Amy

Anonymous said...

Karen, this is cool. I'll get the blog site to nancy so she can check on it from time to time.And Tammy... I,m not sure you will recognize ABBEY!

Theresa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.