Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The rains came...

Hello again,
Well, I was right, we prayed for rain, and boy did it ever come!!! The funny thing was, it came while we had a university soccer team from Pennsylvania here to teach soccer. They were really good sports, though. They not only taught in the rain, they played some awesome games in the rain.
You can see from the above photo, it started out nice, with some blue skies, even. The girls did help and played with the kids, but the "real" games only had two of our guys in them. It was progress, though. The whole team did an excellent job!!
The team brought down uniforms, shoes, socks, balls, and even goal nets. (Now if that isn't the right phrasing, it's my fault...I don't know soccer terms). The team they played on was thrilled with the equipment.
You can see not only the rain, but the victory shouts (maybe you can't HEAR them, but you sure can see them). There was so much rain, they ended up having to cross two rivers to return to the truck. The team carried the girls and the head male coach across the rivers. Oh, the score was 4-0.

We've been busy since our return from the US. After the celebration on the 4th, we got down to some real work. We had a lot to catch up on, and I think we finally have made a dent. I ended up going back to Fort Pierce. I thought it was a short trip...Tuesday out and Thursday back in. I lost 2 fillings and had a dental appointment on that Wednesday. Well,
problems don't seem to be only in Haiti. After sitting in the office for a while, then finally getting into the dental chair...I sat for 45 minutes before anyone came to see me. Then I spent another hour trying to convince them I had been there before (they misplaced my records), and having x-rays (they couldn't SEE the missing fillings???), and then to have the dentist say, I can't do this today, they overbooked me three times. I had to make an appointment to return on Friday. That appointment took me 20 minutes... and that included 2 fillings. The up side to this was that my brother and sister-in-law were at MFI helping out, and I got to spend the time with them, until I returned the following Tuesday. So, God did work out some neat things even with the frustration.

I came back in on Tuesday and our team came on Thursday. Me, being me, I ended up with a pinched sciatic nerve and was almost useless with the team. They were a great team and did wonderful, which shows me maybe I wasn't needed. But we did enjoy them.
The one game they played was not only in the rain, but in the thunder and lightening. But being wise university students, they stood under the tallest tree. Humm....??? Well, actually, it was the ONLY place to get out of the rain. They still ended up drenched, since they had to ride in the back of the Eagle. No cover there. But their spirit, and that of the team they played with was awesome.

We have a container on the way... prayerfully should be here by the 15th of August. Please keep that in prayer. We have started the paperwork on it and are praying BIG TIME that it will be cleared quickly and not cost as much as before.

We have been so thankful for the Eagle. The truck is a huge blessing to so many. But we just found out that we still owe $3000 on it. Pray with us that the Lord will help provide the money to pay back the interest free loan. Our God is able, and we know that, but we are asking for your help in praying for this need to be met.
You can see here how much this blessing is used. And this is only part of the team and the players and the fans.

Another prayer request, or actually a continuous prayer request is for our son and daughter-in-law. The adoption is still not moving and they are so VERY frustrated. Please pray with us that the Lord will start the papers moving and that this will come to a closure soon. They need to get him home with them soon.

It's time to get back to work. Don hauled sand and gravel today and is very tired, so have to get him some supper and send him off to bed. Abbie is already asleep...school wears her out. And her mama just headed to Port au Prince for some work related training.

Keep smiling, keep praying, and let God take control of all your situations. Our love to you all.

No comments: