Friday, November 21, 2008

Back in Haiti

Hello again,
Well, I'm back in Haiti. I'd send pictures, but it's hard to take them under water. I came in on Tuesday and from that time on we have had RAIN...BIG TIME. It stopped long enough yesterday (Thursday) for us to unload the plane and get things to the missionaries. God really does have good timing. All the water is simply standing on the ground. It has no where to drain. And this isn't light rains, it's been pretty heavy and constant. Oh, and that brings cold here. Maybe not like you experience it, but for us, it's COLD. In the mid to upper 60's is like below zero other places. The damp makes it so much worse for the Haitians. I'm concerned we will be facing a lot more medical bills coming our way from people who can't pay them. The cold and rains bring on a lot of sickness, especially for those who have a poor diet to begin with and have no resistance to things like a simple cold. The type of weather we are having will cause many deaths, too. So, please, not only pray for the rains to end, but for the people to be protected from the effects of it.

I went stateside for a week to get some work on my back. Doc did a great job and helped a lot. But old age seems to be taking over...well, I know I'm not THAT old, but it's creeping up fast. Now we are down to learning to live with some of the problems, and thankful that others problems can be helped. I just have to learn to adjust to doing things a bit differently.

We are STILL praying and praying for our son and daughter-in-law's adoption. It makes me frustrated and angry and at times even furious that they have to fight so hard and can't seem to make any progress in this mess. And that is just me...I can't imagine how they feel, waiting to bring their son home and hitting so many roadblocks. And our new grandson is only one of many, many who have to wait on the whim of someone in government to sign papers. There are so many who have homes waiting, and families who love them waiting, and here they sit, in orphanages that are overcrowded and understaffed, while some bureaucrat pompously takes his time to sign papers. Well, that is my frustration talking. I know the Lord knows all about it and we have to trust Him to make these things work out. But it's so hard not to say, WHY???? Will you pray with us? Not only for the adoption to move along and get to the point of completion, but for peace, and joy, for all involved. It's been a hard, hard time for everyone. We need the Lord to move in hearts in government, and bring peace to those who WAIT!

Abbie continues to be a joy for us. She is definitely 3 going on 13. Her memory, here skills and her actions far exceed her 3 years of age. She is smart, without a doubt, but she is also wise beyond her years. She knows just how to work into every one's heart and soul. She loves singing about the Lord and doing her memory verses. Her mommy is doing a great job of working with her when she is not working. She is continually curious about life in general. A simple statement like, I KNOW God made that orange, but how did YOU get it? Or, God even loves the bad men, doesn't He? I keep thinking of the verse in Matthew 18:3..."And he said; "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." When I see Abbie and her insights and love for everyone, I think of that verse. She is not torn by circumstance, by prejudice, by hurt...she is simply following Jesus' lead. Oh that we could all be that way. And let Isaiah 11:6b become a part of our thinking..."...and a little child will lead them." Wow...Abbie sure does lead many.

This was supposed to be just a short "catch-up" note, but it sure didn't stay short. Sorry for my ramblings. I think I need to adopt our daughter-in-laws way of including praise items in my blog. She really is an encouragement to me, too. So, I'll start by saying, I am so thankful for the woman our son married. Through her blog, she has helped me to praise God, even in difficult times. And I'm very thankful for the wonderful chiropractor who has kept me moving (in many ways) in the right direction. And for MFI for all they do for so many, not just us. And mostly for our Lord, who cared enough to give His all that we might live and breathe and have our being!!! (I also love Christians songs that teach us God's ways and His word).

Until next time, God bless and keep your eyes on Him!!

No comments: