Thursday, July 23, 2009

A note from Don

I think all of you know that this blog is something I took on to keep you up to date on what is going on in our lives here. From time to time, Don has asked if I have mentioned this or that in here. I told him he should do one once in a while, too. Well, he finally took me up on that, so this one is from him. While we were out, he got himself a lot of different study material. He has spent a good part of each evening studying different subjects in the Bible. This is one that he feels really strong about. So, from Don to everyone.....

No where in the new testament does it say to pray to the Father or Jesus Christ to do something about the devil. In Ephesians, Paul tells us that GOD tells us to exercise the authority and victory that we already have. The authority has been given to all believers by the victory in Christ Jesus' death, burial and resurrection, and Jesus in now sitting at the right hand of God the Father. The victory HAS BEEN WON over all the demonic forces, and the authority is given unto US. Read Ephesians 6:12. The authority is given to all true believers, not just pastors and evangelists. Read Colossians 1:12-13, and James 4:7. God would not tell you to do something you can not do.

God Bless and my He bless your Bible readings.

1 comment:

Karen B said...

Thank you, Don! If you ever start a Bible Study, I will be there. I wish, right?