Thursday, October 29, 2009

Back to "normal"?

Hello again,
Well, I "think" things are getting back to normal here...but then again, exactly what is "normal"? I was thinking about that on my return flight from the US on Tuesday. We have had some real mountain top, and valley experiences these last two months. And yet, I'm not sure just where "normal" fits in. So, I came to the conclusion that "normal" is simply being where God wants us, doing what God wants us to do. The highs, lows, and middle of the roads are all just a part of it.

In the last month we have had two teams come in. The first from the Lancaster area of Pennsylvania. They put a roof on the school where they had worked on the church last
year. I think I have already mentioned them, but wow, talk about workaholics... those guys (and gals) got that roof finished in 3 days. Here are a couple of photos... first work day and then the dedication on Sunday of the building. Awesome? You bet!!!Our second team was just as awesome. They got all the work done, plus a lot more than planned, and had a good time doing it. They were also from Pennsylvania, but from the Pittsburgh area. Talk about people with a love for others... they sure fit the bill. My only regret was that they came in on Tuesday, and on Thursday I left to go to Fort Pierce. (They did fine without me, but I sure missed being here with them.) They not only worked on projects, they got to be with the orphans and then out at the IDADEE orphanage site, with the area kids there. And with both teams...spoiling Abbie was part of the mission, I guess.
This picture is of "our two girls" and our "new" daughter from the US. It's Betty, Shannon and Vero. Our family is expanding.On my short trip to the US, I was asked to share our ministry and the Christmas Bag ministry with a women's group in a church in Vero Beach. Talk about some awesome ladies. They were so gracious and outgoing. (And they sure can cook, too!!!) Had a wonderful time with them, and also with the gals from MFI who went along as an encouragement for me. As our plane left Fort Pierce on Tuesday, I got a photo of the sunrise...the world awakening...and I pray it will awaken to the light of the world in Jesus Christ!!!
Our last group helped bag items for the bucket ministry, and Don is now busy getting those things distributed...keep that project in prayer. We have a team coming on Tuesday again, so the work never lets up. We keep praying that God will be glorified in all that these teams do for Him. It is FOR and THROUGH Him that these projects are accomplished.

For now, Keep Jesus at the center of your life and let others see your light shine, FOR HIM!!

1 comment:

jenny.2009 said...

Praying for you guys.
i love reading your updates, miss you guys dearly!
<3