Saturday, January 14, 2012

As life goes on

It seems funny...no matter what happens, life goes on.  The good, the bad, the unexpected, the expected, ...all of it has no bearing on time.  

I've been thinking about "time" and how we relate to it.  When was the earth formed?  When did the flood occur?  When was Jesus born?  When was the "new world" discovered?  When did the "world wars" occur?  When did we land on the moon?..... Okay, a lot of these we can pinpoint and give an actual date.  Some we can give a general idea.  Some we really don't know for sure.  But the real question is, "What impact have any of these had on MY life?"  

The earth WAS formed, by the Lord!  Do I know the exact time or date?  Nope, but I do know that God did it, and as a result, we exist.  The flood... a general knowledge of time there is immaterial.  God stepped in and He is the one who wanted to "wash" sin from the world.  The World Wars...well, I do know I was born during (near the end) of the second one.  So, that did impact MY life.  Landing on the moon...well, we had a child by that time, and technology was changing the world, which did impact my life a lot.   But the main one, which I skipped over...when was Jesus born.... actual time frame??? Not positive, just a general idea...but the impact on MY life was much more than any of the other things, or even ALL of the other things combined.  

Then the next question is, what about time NOW and time to come.  What will we (I) do with that?  I think the thing I need to concentrate on is that since Jesus is the one person who impacted my life beyond any thing or any one else, I need to fix my life on what HE would have me to do and how HE would have me accomplish things for HIM!!  Can you relate to the past, the present and the future, where JESUS is concerned?  How has He impacted YOUR life and what are you doing with what you have been given?  The Lord does not expect all of us to become missionaries...or pastors...or evangelists... and yet each and every one of us, who KNOW Him, should be incorporating each of those three things into our lives.  We should be missionaries, if only to our neighbors and co-workers.  We should be a pastor, sharing God's word and love to others.  And we should all be evangelists, spreading God's word to the world, in whatever way the Lord shows us.

So, time... how does it relate to you?  What are you doing with the time God has given you?  It's a thought maybe we should all thing on and considering.  I know I have to come to grips with wasted time.  

Well, that wasn't something I had planned on saying, it just came out.  But our time here has been really busy.  Sometimes we let things take up our time that we need to simply let go.  But God is working on that in me, too.  

Little Savanah and Abbie are my major time consumer right now.  And I know that the Lord has put them in my care for this time.  I praise God that He has put Vero here to do my work at the airport, so I can accomplish what He has for me here.   

On that thought, and with a crying baby, I'll leave you to "ponder" what God is showing you!   Remember to keep Him at the front of all you do and all you accomplish. 

No comments: