Saturday, April 14, 2012

Rains again

We are back to the spot of praying for the rains to stop.  A few towns have been flooded out, and everything is saturated totally.  Yup...we're thinking of an ark again.  Oh we know the world won't be flooded again, but I think Haiti is well on it's way.  And of course, with all the rains, come the heavy dampness, and cold.  Okay, for you all 70 isn't cold but here it's very cold.  People sleeping on dirt floors with water all around and no blankets... well, try and put yourself in their place.  We are even cold and we sure aren't living like that.  So, our prayers go on for the rains to stop.  Sure wish it would even out a bit... it's either soaked or too dry.  

Savanah is keeping us laughing.  She has a very definite way of letting us know what she wants.  And now she will eat anything you put near her (a warning to keep your fingers away!)  Vero felt a bit shocked when we were having supper and every time she put a fork into her mouth, Savanah would watch her very closely and then frown.  So, she got Vero's potatoes.  And she was a happy camper.  She also keeps us in stitches the way she wrinkles her nose.  We had tried and tried to get her to do it for the camera, but no way.  Then I figured out she would do it when I sang to her.  Okay, I don't have a great voice, but I didn't think it was THAT bad.  
 The ham radio operators here in Haiti have been working on setting up a net, for emergencies.  The head fellow has been in touch with powers that be in the US, so that if a quake or other disaster should happen, there will be immediate contact with the states.  Don is going to be helping a fellow in Cap set his system up and get it running.  Keep him in prayer with that.  And we need to get our system back up to par, too.  With the hurricane season coming up, that is another area where it would be a real benefit.

I was going to post a short note a while back, and totally forgot.  But it's something we had to share.  When Guerline and family came in, we were on our way back from the airport, and little 2 year old Ruby came out with a statement that had us all laughing.  Guerline was holding Savanah, and Ruby was on her daddy's lap.  She looked over at Savanah and said, "Mommie, she's a chocolate baby!!"  Ruby is bi-racial, but not dark, but her mommie is.  So, this statement just really hit us as funny.

Abbie is growing by leaps and bounds.  And she is doing so well in school.  We are so proud of her.  Her report card improved and we sure had to let her know.  We praise God she loves to read.  She'll take out her Bible story books and read them to Savanah.  And many of these are way beyond her grade level.  

Well, I'd better close for now.  Trying to get a newsletter ready to go out, and one thing or another keeps us humble.  We have 2 working printers.  One really good one and one cheap one.  Well, ran out of ink in the good one, and now the other one is about out.  I told our granddaughter (on facebook) that the dumb printers weren't working.  Then I realized... they are inanimate  objects... so guess where the fault lays?  But I did think I had enough ink... and I had even ordered some.  But of course, it didn't come yet.  So, once we get the ink, and I can figure out how to work another program on my computer, we'll get them printed and mailed.  This technology stuff keeps me humble for sure.  Glad I have kids I can send a note to and say, "HELP".  And they respond.

The little one is demanding some attention, so guess I'll close and hope your days are going a lot better than mine has today.  I have to keep reminding my self that God knows what is going on and HE is in charge, so I'll leave it all in His hands.  A lesson I have to keep learning over and over again.

Keep the Lord and His promises at the front of all you do.  And keep Him in your heart and mind at all times.  We'll see you here, there or in the air!!

No comments: