Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Missing Abbie's birthday

Well, we'll miss Abbie's birthday, yet again.  So, I decided to make some cupcakes for her as a "pre-birthday" celebration.  I had decided to also give Savanah a cupcake, one little piece at a time.  Don said, no, let her have her own cupcake.  We were all laughing so hard.  She is a little eating machine.  We set the cupcake in front of her, and she wasn't sure what to do with it.  She does pick up her crackers and things, but this was BIG.
 So, of course, you lean in and try it....
 And then, when you find out it's GOOD... you go for it, totally...
 
I really thought this one was cute...she's looking at what is in her hand and thinking "what is all of this?"
 
 
 And finally, it's "grandma I liked that".
 When I was showing Don the pictures with Savanah on my lap, she was all excited and her lips started smacking...she wanted more.

Well, back to the mundane...Don has been hauling water for the orphanage...three loads in one day.  He said the mountain of wash they had there, and no water, made him feel so bad.  So, he hauled until he ran out of time.  The women were so thankful.
 I'm putting a couple of photos here of his trip yesterday.  He puts it into a big holding tank but also fills their barrels.  Pray for them to get that well dug and working.
 We are almost packed and ready to go.  Just two more days.  We'll miss Abbie, Savanah and all our friends, but are very anxious to make this trip, too.  We'll keep you posted as we travel and see people.  

The Lord has really been speaking to me about being an intercessor prayer warrior.  I know we have had them the whole time we've been in Haiti, and know we would not have made it without them.  But God showed me that I can be there for others, not only on the mission field, but those struggling with all different problems.  We have had a great example of a faithful and powerful prayer warrior in Louisa Destine...a fantastic Haitian friend.  She not only prayed, but she prayed until she got an answer.  And she taught others how to come before the throne of grace with those prayers.  And now she is in need of those intercessory prayers.  She is on dialysis in the states.  So, pray for her, but pray for me also, that I follow where the Lord leads.

It's back to work and back to baby care.  You have a super great, Christ centered, Christ filled day.  Keep the Lord at the front of all you do.  
 

No comments: