Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Release!

Hello to all,

I wanted to share just a short post with you.  You know, when times are good, many people don't bother to pray or turn to the Lord.  But when things get hard, where do they go?  Right to the Lord.  But many simply do that with a statement like, "Why ME, Lord?"  or "Why did You do this to me?"   That is so sad.  The Lord doesn't DO or Plan things to hurt people.  He is always there, in all situations.  He's just rarely given credit when it is due. 

My special prayer partner, Belle, and I pray this prayer daily.  It says so much and means so much.  Read it with your heart open to the Lord.  

And please know we are praying for you. No matter who you are or where you are. Anyone who reads this is in our prayers!
Blessings!!!

 Prayer of Release

"HEAVENLY FATHER, I release to you the burdens that I have been carrying, burdens that you never intended for me to carry.  I cast all my cares upon You-all my worries, all my fears.  You have told me to not be anxious about anything, but rather to bring everything to You in prayer with thankfulness.

FATHER, calm my restless spirit, quiet my anxious heart, still my troubling throughts with the assurance that You are in control.  I let go of my grip upon the things I have been hanging onto, with opened hands I come to You.  I release to Your will all that I am trying to manipulate; I release to Your timing all that I have been striving to make happen.

I THANK YOU for Your promise to sustain me, preserve me, and guard all that I have entrusted to Your keeping.  Protect my heart and mind with Your peace, the peace that passes all understanding.  Father, may Your will be done in my life, in Your time, and in Your way."      written by Roy Lessin

No comments: