Sunday, November 12, 2017

Long overdue catchup

Wow, I just looked and realized I have not posted on HERE since September....forgive me.  I will include two of the emails I have sent out to catch you all up to date.

 October 21st, 2017

Well, it's been a while, so thought I'd give an update on things....
First, after returning to Haiti from our trip stateside, I managed to come down with shingles.  Believe me, it is NOT fun.  Although it kept me house bound for quite a few weeks, I was finally getting over it.  Went out and did some pictures of the IDADEE orphanage compound.  I'm trying to update their blog and wanted to get photos of the compound, and in future, the 40 children in their orphanage. 

A few nights later had a middle night situation with my heart rate.  And in the next few days had a "God coincidence"  when Dr. Bibiana stopped in for a few days.  She encouraged me to get some testing done.  So... I am now in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.  Went through a whole barrage of testing.  Yesterday got word from the nurse that they are setting me up with a visit to the cardiologist because there was a blockage found. 

Don is busy trying to get the inside of the extension on Vero's house completed.  With the rains and hurricane situation before, it kept being put on hold.  Now, we are praying we can get it done.  She really needs this finished.

Have talked to Savanah and it's so good to know how happy she is.  Yes, we do miss her, but we know she is where she belongs and are praising God she is so happy.

Once I get back to Haiti, I will try to send some pictures of those getting our food buckets.  And also some of the other things going on. 

Thanks again for all your prayers and support.  It really is keeping us going and doing what the Lord sent us for.
********************************************************
Just wanted to also share a few blessings God allowed while I am here for testing.
Got to spend a day with our son, Todd.  He came over to visit from the other side of the state.  Did some shopping for things Don needed me to pick up.  And then went out for a meal with Todd, Christine and Dale.  Getting to spend time with out kids is always a blessing for me.

What I forgot to share before was our flight out.  The excitement of working and flying with MFI always has some fun moments.  Well, maybe it's not really FUN we had, but definitely different.  Left Cap Haitian, headed to Pignon to drop off a passenger, then headed to Port au Prince (all of this on the way to Florida).... While in Port au Prince, we had a flat tire on the DC-3.  Not a quick change for sure, as there is no way they can carry all the things on the plane that is needed for a flat tire.  It really was an EXPERIENCE seeing how our pilots had to work so hard to get that one tire changed.  But they did an excellent job, even if it took 6 plus hours to do it. 


October 31st, 2017 

A catch up on what is happening.

I had already gone through a whole series and bunch of tests last week.  Then I went to see the cardiologist.  He said from looking at the results of my tests he wanted me to have a heart catherterization.  So that was scheduled. 

Before I go into all of that, I want to share with you all that every one of the people I have had to deal with in all three different places have been such wonderful, caring people.  There was not one person who was not uplifting and so very, very helpful in all ways. 

And then on Sunday, a very good friend, Sue, shared in church what I was going through and what was to happen on Monday. Pastor David prayed for me right after that, and when he started, I had the really warm feeling start from the top of my head and slowly go down to my waist.  When he said amen, it went away.

Okay, on to yesterday (Monday).  Went up to Wausau here in Wisconsin (about an hour away).  They took me right in.  Met the doctor and at that point, I shared with him what I had told the other two doctors before him.  I said, "I am only here for you to be able to tell my children that there is nothing wrong with me."  He just sort of laughed and said, "well, I guess we'll see."  He said that it was over 80% sure of a blockage from looking at the tests. To make a long story short, I went through the whole procedure awake.  Talked to the doctor through a lot of it.  But the most amazing thing is that I have not had any pain at any point in all of this.  When it was all over, he had to tell my kids (the 2 who were there), that there was NO blockage at all.  The only thing I have is an irregular heart beat.  So, they have put a harness thing on me for 48 hours.  Then I left the hospital and came back to our daughter's home.  Tomorrow I return the hardness and then next Monday I see the cardiologist here in town again for my final visit.  After that is over I can head back to Haiti in the very near future.  We really DO serve a miracle working God!!!  Isn't He AWESOME???

I fully believe that the feeling of warmth I had when pastor prayed, was the Lord getting rid of the blockage.  We do serve a miracle working God and He is able to do much more than we could ever imagine.  I also believe this was His response to all of the prayers that went up on my behalf. 

I was also able to visit with some friends from years ago.  Don and Lewie grew up together and were friends for years.  We lost touch when we went to Haiti 34 years ago.  It was so good to see them again.  But we all missed Don being in Haiti and not here to see them, too. 

So, my time left here is going to be planning exactly what I'll be doing when I return to Haiti.  I also believe that we can make plans, but have to be willing to bend or back off when the Lord directs us in a different way.  So, I'll be returning with plans, but also with an open mind and heart to follow where He leads me.

Thank you to all who have prayed.  The answer came through!  Now, let US pray for you in both situations where there are problems, but also in rejoicing with you when the Lord answers YOUR prayers!!!

Keep smiling and keep serving!!!

November 12th, 2017


Greetings,

Well, where to start?  Have I mentioned before that we serve an AWESOME, AWESOME GOD???  Guess I have just a time or two.  But He really, really IS Awesome!!  To start with, today, November 12th, 2017, is our 34th anniversary of being in Haiti.  Seems a long time, but yet so short, too.  

Since my last update, just a few things have happened.  First was the trip back to the cardiologist’s office after the monitor they had put on.  Seems all the docs were surprised and not quite understanding what happened.  BUT they simply gave me a clean bill of health and said I could now return home to Haiti!!!   YEAH…not sure they all believed that the Lord had taken care of the problem.  BUT He DID!!

So, made arrangements to fly just a few days later and headed to Florida.  That is where I am now.  In just two days I will be back in Haiti!!!  

But while here, I was able to attend the Fort Pierce MFI banquet on Friday night.  Not sure of the number of people there, but it was well over 400 I believe (could have been close to 500 for all I know).  Wonderful meal, and really wonderful music.  The Heath Brothers sang.  Young teen guys who were really fantastic.  Not sure of ages, maybe the twins were 14 and the older one 16?  The whole Banquet was wonderful with news of past and future accomplishments, thanks to those who support MFI’s work.  I, personally, didn’t think they let people know how many really thankful people are on the receiving end of what MFI does.  The people they serve and the work they do for all of those on the field should be shared with these people.  MFI is our lifeline.  Not only because we can fly with them, but because they bring us much needed supplies, have a purchasing department to get us things we cannot get, and very importantly, our MAIL!!  For most of us on the field, they are our only physical link to the states!!  

Anyway, it was a great evening of food, entertainment and information (just not enough)! 

When we are stateside, we so appreciate attending church services where we can get some teaching.  Don’t get me wrong, we are willing to “share our ministry”, but I’m talking about the messages we get to hear and the teachings.  We soak those up like dry sponges.  Well, this time while in Wisconsin, I did a lot of “absorbing”.  And then today attended church here in Vero, FL.  The message there was such an uplift and presented in a very real way.  It did give me an idea of a way to share at English church in Haiti, too.

It is raining and quiet.  A time of reflection on how really awesome our God is.  Of how He walks with us, keeps His hands on us, and encourages us.

In closing, I’m asking for some prayers.  For the trip back to Haiti, but also for our ministry in Haiti.  It seems the Lord is starting to give us yet another direction for what we do there.  It’s always exciting to listen and follow what the Lord directs for us. So, pray with us, for us and walk with us through our journey with the Lord.

No comments: