Saturday, August 3, 2019

A quick update 8-3-19


Greetings,
This morning I was determined to finish up some projects and get some much needed paperwork done.  In the midst of things, I took a break and checked facebook to see if any of our kids had posted anything for us.  As it turned out, it wasn’t something from a family member, but from a fellow missionary here who set me to realize something very important and also very revealing.  One simple sentence spoke volumes to me.  I thought I’d share that here.  It really is eye opening in so many ways.  I hope you take it to heart, as I have done.  I guess this should be a very important part of my morning devotions and prayers.  
Replacing the word “love” in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 with your own name is really convicting.
I know it was convicting to me, and I have to work on it.
The things I check on internet are our kiddo’s.  Our son and daughter-in-law have a youtube thing going.  Everything from great cooking to building and repairing things.  You can check out “Making it Work” here (they have posted some awesome things): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXcVYosT1hI&feature=em-uploademail
And our daughter has been doing etching on glass and even on PVC pipes… some really neat things and she loves doing it. https://www.facebook.com/etchingelegance/posts_to_page/ 
I guess I’m sort of bragging on my kids (hey all 5 of them have some talents you would not believe, but not sure where they come by it).  But thought you might enjoy seeing some of the things they have done.  They are proof that God answers prayers.  HE gave them talents that they sure didn’t get from their parents!!  (I think you have to copy/paste to get to the sites).
We have had a busy week getting things done here.  I need to share a special bit of one day with you.  Vero’s niece is staying with her and Abbie for the summer.  A very sweet, active 3 going on 4 year old.  Little Debra speaks 3 languages; Creole, a blooming English and then her own language (and no one has a clue on this one).  But she will carry a whole conversation with you in her language and never miss a beat.  She is a real joy to have around.  But… that is not what I was going to share.  I was finishing up the first 25 buckets and had Abbie’s help with it.  Abbie is such a blessing.  After grandpa pounded the lids on the buckets, Abbie was helping move and stack them, ready for delivery.  Debra was NOT going to be left out.  She told Abbie in no uncertain terms, “I HELP!”.   She would push all the buckets (each weighed 28#) into the room to where Abbie stacked them.  Yes, she pushed all 25 for quite a distance and got them to Abbie.  When done, she brushed her hands together and simply said, “THERE!”, and walked away.  I have some awesome help here, and sure do appreciate the help and the joy that comes with it.  (Wish I had gotten some photos of this!)
Don’s been trying to get his “catch-up” work done.  Worked on the batteries in both the dorm and house to keep the inverter systems working great. Today it’s changing oil in the Toyota, and some other things.  I know these things happen in every home, just keeping things running like they should is time consuming.  And not nearly as easy here as in the states.  For some reason, in Haiti, there is always a “glitch” when working on things.  Every job seems to take twice as long because of things going wrong, or with parts not available here.  Keep Don in prayer as he tries to accomplish things. 
We had some really hard rains this last week, but are thankful for them, too.  We have been going through a very dry time and things have dried up everywhere.  Prayerfully they will start growing again!
Well, I’d best get going and finish what I have started.  I’m praying your day is really awesome and Christ centered.  Let Him be your guide and it will be a super day!!!  Remember:  1 Corinthians 13:4-7

No comments: