Tuesday, November 10, 2020

November 10th update

Obviously having problems posting on here again...please know I'm trying... 

Greetings,

   There are times when you want to step back and look up and say, “Really Lord?  Now, with all that is going on?”  I’ve hit that in the last few days.  And then this morning, in my quiet time, the Lord showed me in a mighty way that He is THERE, in all those troubles and hard times.  I’ve been doing 4 different devotionals, and believe me, I need them all at times.  But this morning, miraculously, they all centered on what I needed TODAY!!  And then the song, “Sometimes It Takes a Mountain” came to mind.  I’m putting it here because I felt someone else needed to read the words and grasp onto them, too.

 I faced a mountain
That I never faced before
That's why I'm calling on the Lord
I know it's been awhile
Lord please hear my prayer
I need you like I never have before

Chorus:
Sometimes it takes a mountain
Sometimes a troubled sea
Sometimes it takes a desert
To get a hold of me
Your Love is so much stronger
Then whatever troubles me
Sometimes it takes a mountain
To trust you and believe

Forgive me Jesus
I thought I could control
Whatever life would throw my way
But this I will admit
Has brought me to my knees
I need you Lord and I'm not ashamed to say

Chorus……

   I know you’re thinking, what could be so bad that it brings me down?  It wasn’t ONE thing, it was just the culmination of a lot of things.  Some big, some little, some that were just annoying. Have you ever been there?  I guess the one that was “the straw that broke the camel’s back”… was our refrigerator started having some major problems this morning.  And guess what?  FINALLY, I simply said, “Okay, Lord, I can’t solve any of this.  Can you please help?  Show me what to do?”  Then I came in here, sat down picked up the devotionals and here I am.  I have released all these burdens and am now at peace about all things.  Oh, some may need attention, but I know the Lord will direct either Don or I on how to deal with it.  Yes, I faced that “mountain”… and now I am about to the top of it praising the Lord for being with me through all of this. 

    Do we need prayers?  Yes, we sure do!  That is what keeps us on the field doing what the Lord called us to do.  Are there specifics?  Okay, I’ll share a few.  We have a gal and her son coming to visit on Thursday.  We really are looking forward to this.  Pray that the storm in and around Florida will not stop them from coming.  Vero and helpers will be going from the airport today to pick up food items for the buckets we will be doing while April and Asher are here.  Pray for wisdom and protection as they do this.  Pray that the problem with the refrigerator will be something minor that can be taken care of.  Pray for the powers that be at the airport who are charging outrageous prices on anything brought in, that God will speak to their hearts and help the missionaries and national pastors dealing with this situation.  And pray with us for both Haiti and the US, that the Lord will pour out His Holy Spirit to cover and spread over both countries and lives will be changed.  But also, pray with us and thank the Lord for all He HAS done, IS doing, and WILL do, to bring glory to His Name!!

     Have you been trying to climb your mountain of problems?  Believe me, the Lord is right there waiting for you to reach out to Him for His help.  It may seem impossible, but He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  He knows and can get you through things.

   James 4: 7-10.  7Submit yourselves, then, to God.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Come near to God and He will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9Grieve, mourn and wail.  Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10Humble yourselves before the Lord and He will lift you up.”

 

   Blessings and joy to you all,


No comments: