Friday, January 4, 2008

Two in ONE day, wow....

Hello again,

In all our turmoil over the container, it seems I have not mentioned our other prayer requests and concerns, and also our praises. I guess I have a one track mind right now. But there are other things we would love to have all of you pray about.

Our daughter had her most recent doctors appointment yesterday, and it's still so discouraging. They have given her reasons for some of the problems, but not given her a diagnosis as to what she actually has yet. I think it is just a hit and miss thing for them. Try this and try that and see what works. It probably is NOT that way, but it just SEEMS that way. I know my frustration level with this is high, so I can only imagine how high hers is. And she is facing a lot of other problems on top of the physical ones, so she needs a lot of prayer. Pray for physical, emotional and spiritual healing in all areas. We want the Lord to draw her closer and keep His hands on her through this terrible time in her life.

Our son also has no definite prognosis. It's like they are both "hanging in limbo". All we can do at this point is to pray for the Lord to intervene somehow and either help the doctors make a definite diagnosis, or heal the bodies of all of the problems occurring. And of course to draw them both closer to Him and let Him take control of their lives and situations.

Don is doing better now. He seems to be back to full steam. But being at full steam is wearing on him, too. So much to do and just not enough time or resources to do it all. I realize that the Lord may have another person in mind to help Don out, but He will have to reveal it to both Don and the other person, if that is the case. Learning to trust Him and leave things in His hands are two of the hardest things for strong, capable people to do.

As for me, Karen, I am doing fine. A little tired, a little worn, but still praising God. I am so thankful for the time I had with the three of our kids I was able to see. (But did wish I could have seen the other two, too). And for getting to see our 2 great grandsons. You can imagine how hard it is for a mom, grandmother, and great grandmother to not be able to see all those kids very often. I think that is the hardest thing for me being in Haiti. It isn't missing the stores, or the convenience of foods available or even the slower lifestyle. It's missing the kids, grandkids and great grandkids. Wanting to hold and be with them has been very hard on me. But, the Lord knows that and He has brought a little comfort in emails, Skype phones, and photos. When we first came to Haiti, communication was a letter once a month or so, and no phone calls. So, we are now blessed abundantly.

And we also have Veronique and Abbie living with us, so we do have "kids" here, too. Active Abbie is a blessing and a joy. Vero, her mommie, has been a blessing to us in so many ways, too. And it's funny, but when I get on the computer and turn on Skype, Abbie want to talk to Christine. She just has a hard time understanding that Christine can't see her shake her head yes or no.

And all of our other "kids" here...they are a blessing too. And they keep us going, that's for sure. The work with MFI continues and increases all the time.

So, we ask for prayers for our kids and their families in the US, for our kids here in Haiti, for MFI, and especially that we can continue to be in the Lord's will at all times.
Till next time.... Blessings from the Lord!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen and Don,
I should have read this sooner as I was going nuts wanting to hear from you.I know that today the dental team from Camano should have arrived. Hopefully they will treat you well and use lots of novicane when they open your mouth. Sorry I'll miss this as I love to rib you when you can't talk back. We'll keep you in our prayers. Glen and Nancy