Friday, February 15, 2008

THE container, finally!!!

Greetings again...
This time it's with great joy and rejoicing. W
e are SO excited and pleased that the elusive container is now in our hands.
The following is just a few pictures of our day, yesterday, February 14th, Valentines day in Haiti! We had a team here at the time. It was MFI's president, Dick Snook, and his group. They didn't get to deliver any bags, like they had hoped, since it came the last day they were here, but they really got to experience "unloading a 40 foot container".
This is our moment of rejoicing. The container finally being pulled into our yard. It's quite a job to get a 40 foot semi into our yard with the sharp turn they have to make.
The driver was really good. We have had some deliver 20 foot containers that had to make 5 or 6 turns to get it right. This fellow made two swings and backed it up to right where we wanted it. He was GOOD. Everyone was amazed watching him drive. (He must have trained in the US!) It took just a few minutes for him to get it in the right place for us to get to work on it.We had another missionary couple here at the time. Ray works at the airport with us and Bonnie watches Abbie for me. We had just gotten back from the airport when the container came, so they stayed to help out. What a blessing!! Bonnie was up on the container bagging socks and Ray helped haul boxes.

We had so much to unload. Well, consider it had 39,645 pounds of items!! You KNOW it was a lot of heavy work to get it done. The fellows (all 25 that we hired) did not complain once. And when it was all done, they had a meal of hotdogs, mac & cheese, chips and cokes. They were happy campers. These are almost all older boys from the orphanage. They work hard and really earn their pay!The problem was, where to go with all the Christmas Bags when there is a team here? Well, you can see, looking in the door of the dorm, it went into the living room and dining room areas. A few paths were left to get to the bedrooms, but that's about all. Good thing it was the teams last night here... no place to sit or eat, except the bedrooms!!God brought this to us in His time, not ours. Not it's our job to get these things sorted out and delivered. Don is right now on the road with some of the food. (The containers on our property have their share of the load, too!) We will start on the Christmas Bags tomorrow!!
So, please, keep praying. We have another container ready to be inspected, but need to get this one delivered quickly to make room.
Our love to everyone who has helped make this a reality, both through prayers and finances.
In His Grace...
Karen, for the whole group here.

4 comments:

EasterFamily said...

Karen,

It was so nice to see Daniel's smiling face. Thank you for that special photo, it meant a lot to me, anyway. I bet he is a great daddy. I think I saw Harold too, Monis? I recognize the other young man, but cannot remember his name. Paul and I were just counting the days til we will be there, in your yard. Praise God!!!! Chris and Mateja are very excited that dad is going this year, me too. Everything will work out. Our God is the God of all........I cannot wait to give you a great big hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!See you soon!! All our Love and prayers!!!

EasterFamily said...

Oh, I forgot to say.......yesterday, I almost made a phone call to Glen, I kid you not, because the container was heavily on my mind....but I prayed, instead. Your email is such an encouragement to me, it made me feel just that much closer to God while I was reading it. May sound silly......but I cannot deny what I was thinking and feeling yesterday, and to think the container was on the way to your place......I am speechless.

Anonymous said...

Praise Jesus! We have been praying for you guys from here in Montana and are so glad that you finally got the container released. GOD BLESS YOU!

Thanks for your hard work for Jesus.

EasterFamily said...

I cannot believe how tall Abbie is now?? I took Mateja to her very first concert last night.....Toby Mac, Jeremy Camp and Matthew West. I think she enjoyed it. Considering she really doesn't like loud noise....so I take her to a rap concert(Toby Mac)....nice mommy that I am....hehheehheheheh