Monday, September 22, 2008

A small update

Hi,
Well, we heard some fuel came in yesterday. Many had to wait for a long time to get anything. Some even missed their evening church services because of waiting. We are waiting to hear if more has come in. The first few days will be horrible to get fuel once it does come in. So, we have a bit left, and we'll wait. We just keep praying.

I guess the radio station must have gotten fuel, since they have the generator on this morning. Either that, or they decided to run it in the AM and not this afternoon...we won't even try to figure that out.

I have to keep reminding my self that Abbie is only 3. When we were in the states, I got a book for preschoolers. It's basic letters, and numbers and things like that. Well, it has a CD with it. We put that on one of the older computers for Abbie. She can turn it on, get into her program, and work through all the different areas of the program now. I'm afraid she will pass me in computer knowledge the way she is going. It's amazing how quickly she picked it all up. And yesterday when I was trying to get her ready for church, I had a real time trying to tie her bows in her hair. I finally took them out to start over. She asked what was wrong. I said, I can't tie the bows right. Her response was, "Well then, I guess I can't go to church, huh?" I said why not? She said, "Well, if you can't tie the bows grandma, then I simply can't go to church like this." I got them tied, and she DID go to church, but again, I have to keep reminding myself she is only 3.

I am on the committee for English Bible Fellowship. This month was my turn to lead service. This was not really something I looked forward to. To arrange things, and be responsible for everything is a bit overwhelming, especially for me. I worked and prayed, and prayed some more. There weren't that many the first Sunday, but yesterday we had a lot more. God answered all my desperate prayers and it went fine. And our speaker did great, which helped a lot. It's been a lesson in obedience for me. Following the Lord and our leaders. One more Sunday and then I'm done for a while. So, still need some prayers for that.

Not much other news here right now. Still a lot of refugees coming north and people in desperate situations all over the country. It's hard for us, so I can't even imagine how it is for the nationals going through this. Keep everyone in prayer.

On a lighter note... we keep hearing that we should be careful what we pray for or what we wish for... well, I heard a joke that puts that into perspective. If you don't like jokes, just pass this by....

A man and woman (both 70 years old) were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary at a nice restaurant. They were sitting at the dimly lit table, when all of a sudden a small fairy appeared on their table. She said, "You have both been so good and faithful through your marriage, that I want to grant each of you one wish." After only a short hesitation, the wife said, "OH, I would love to go on a world cruise with my wonderful husband." And poof, she had two tickets for a world cruise in her hand. The fairy turned to the husband. He looked at her and then at his wife. He said, "Well, dear, I do love you so much, but an opportunity like this only comes once in a lifetime." He turned to the fairy and said, "I'd like a woman 20 years younger than me." Shocked, the fairy and his wife looked at him. The fairy shrugged and said, okay. And poof.... the husband was 90 years old.

The person who sent us that said, Remember, fairy's are WOMEN!! But it's also a reminder to think carefully what you wish, or pray for.

Have a great day, and keep the Lord at the center of it all!!!

No comments: