Monday, August 3, 2009

From Don

When I worked at the foundry, I'd take my lunch and sit out by the railroad tracks and read the Bible. One day, I heard a voice in my spirit. "Take it as a letter". It became alive in my spirit, to take God's word as a personal letter to us. VERY PERSONALLY from God.

I'm sorry, but I have a problem with those courses of "Through the Bible in one year." Why would you want to, except to say you did it? You don't read the Bible like you would a novel or one of those paperback books. Or even just because you feel it is something a Christian should do.

God is so patient with us. Be patient with His Word. When you read His word, read it slow and stop once in a while and let the Holy Spirit minister to you about what you just read.

Sometimes when I meditate on a word or verse, I get so worked up in the spirit I want to shout to the world what I just learned. God's word will always confirm, in at least two places, what the Spirit says. If it doesn't, then question it.

As always, walk with the Lord, and stay in His word.

No comments: