Friday, September 18, 2009

Life and it's hills and valleys

Hello to all,

I've been back in Haiti since Tuesday. Hit the ground running... so much going on and so much to do, it's hard to leave even for a week.

The funeral was sad but the pastor gave a wonderful salvation message. There were so many people there. It was great to see so many come to pay their respects. The meal following the service was really nice. We were able to spend time with family and friends we haven't seen in a long time. Some of the people I haven't seen in over 30 years. Boy, time sure flies. We are now praying that the message that was shared will soften hearts and lives and that people who were there will open their lives to the Lord. LeAnne's wish was that she would get to see everyone again in Heaven. That is our prayer too.

I came home and started working on the wedding dress. I had left it in pieces. Making a size 12 into an 18 has it's challenges. A LOT of challenges. But today I have it almost completed. I have two more seams to do some minor work on, and it will be done. A good friend had offered to make Abbie's flower girl dress. It came and it was so beautiful. I was so happy with it. But, it was not long...and they wanted a long dress. I did everything I could to use what was there and extend it, but could not work it out. I praise God that the bodice was all done, and the zipper in...that would have been another challenge for me. All I ended up doing was adding a long skirt to it. (But I sure would have rather she used it as it came, it was BEAUTIFUL!) Now I will start on the flowers... those might take me a bit, since I'm not sure how many for people, how many for the alter, and exactly what they all want. Challenges never end here.

Today, our friend who installed our satellite system came. We were so happy he had returned from the US, so we could at least find out what was wrong. Well, our system was NOT hit by lightening. Our wireless antenna pulled in static from the lightening, and fried our wireless connection and our modem. He installed a borrowed modem for us to use until we can get ours replaced. So, we are on slower service than we had, but Praise God, we have Internet access again. Then the next chapter came.....

I had signed on to yahoo, to see if any of our kids were on. Our daughter came on and immediately told me there was some problems in Wisconsin again. My sister-in-law was back in the hospital in intensive care. This time it is her heart and kidneys. Our daughter didn't have a lot of information at that point, so I called my brother's cell phone. My niece filled me in on what they know so far. It seems her kidneys are starting to work again and they are doing more tests. So, our request right now is to PLEASE KEEP BEV IN PRAYER. We don't know the extent of the problems or exactly what is wrong, but she can sure use some prayers on her behalf. Her family can use prayers too. They have all of our phone numbers here, so they will keep in touch. My heart goes out to all of them. I wish I were there to pray with them and be with them, but I can't at this time. But that won't stop the prayers from going out.

As soon as I finish the dresses, flowers and some other minor things, I have to start on the food for the wedding. It is next Friday morning at 9 AM. You know the saying, "No rest for the weary!"...well, I sure do fit in that category right now. But I do have the Lord to lean on and I sure am doing that. I don't know what people do who do not have that solid rock to depend on in times like these. HE IS my rock, and my salvation and I lean on Him a lot.

Again, it's back to Isaiah 40:31... "...they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint..."

Blessing, and keep praying...

No comments: