Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The ups and downs May 4th

I wrote that title and started writing the blog, and pow...the power went off. Just another in the ups and downs of life. We've had some really extreme ups and downs the last few days...even weeks, and I think I'm ready to get off this roller coaster. Please keep us in prayer.

Tomorrow, Vero, Abbie and I fly to Port au Prince and Thursday we go to the consulate for the visas. Please pray that the Lord will put His hands on things and let this go through. Vero won't be able to go out for a long time, but at least she will be able to see the states for a short trip this time. I am really praying it does take place this time. We have so many places where she can speak on behalf of the IDADEE orphanage, but first comes that visa. So, prayers are needed big time for this.

You know when you are in what seems like the pits, it's so hard to see the way up and out. But God always provides a way to do it. He sure is faithful, isn't he? Do I dare use that word here.... AWESOME? He really IS awesome. Part of what is so hard right now is the scores of people coming to the door for help. (Some do NOT need it, but they come anyway, since they think there may be a free handout). The stress of this is a bit overwhelming. And it's EVERY DAY, ALL DAY...not just once in a while. We need this upcoming break so much.

A very good friend sent me a book...the title is: "Heavenly Humor for the Woman's Soul". It sure came at the right time. I wanted to share just one tiny section with you. This is part of a section written by Tina Krause and it hit home. "....long before medical science heralded the benefits of laughter, God said: 'A cheerful heart is good medicine' (Proverbs 17:22; 'A happy heart makes the face cheerful' (Proverbs 15: 13; and, 'A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones' (Proverbs 15:30. God created laughter to lift our spirits, lighten our loads, heal our bodies, and provide a temporary reprieve from our chaotic lives." Boy, doesn't that just fit what I needed now? It sure did. I have been enjoying this book and all of it's insights.

Don has been so busy getting food delivered to so many needy areas. He is so worn out now. The Lord has been really pushing him to get closer to Him, and I think Don may start taking some much needed study time while we are out. It's so hard to do it while here, with all the demands on him.

Pray for our trip out. We are supposed to leave on the 13th of May and return on the 13th of July. At this point we aren't positive where we are going, except we need to get to Wisconsin for some appointments. We'll know more about what is happening on Friday. So, we'll keep you all informed.

I guess my closing remarks have to be about laughter. The MFI pilots keep me going and we always end up laughing about something or someone (usually ME), but that's okay. But remember to keep laughter in your sights and let it heal some of your trips to the pits. It does work!!!

2 comments:

glen said...

Nancy and I will pray for visa'a tonight! Tickle Abby for me.

Glen said...

we will pray tonight. tickle Abby for me.