Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Have you ever?

Have you ever had one of those moments.... or one of those hours.... how about one of those days?   Well, it's been one of those weeks, plus more.  Any one of the things is probably insignificant, but add it all up and what a time I've had.

While the team was here, just before they left....the washer quit.  Okay, many would say, no problem, hire someone to do it.  Okay, that's an option, but we had a ton of wash, and the one person who could have helped has moved to the new orphanage.  What the girls did, was wash at the dorm, then lug the things here to dry them.  That's a LOT of lifting and carrying.  So, I did get two of the boys to come and move the washer from the dorm to the house.  It had a problem even over there, with water barely trickling in.  Don checked, found a very small filter on the water hose.  It was totally clogged.  I unhooked the busted washer.... water EVERYWHERE in the laundry room.  The valve on that faucet was broke, and we had to shut off the main water line to stop the water.  After getting that fixed (sort of), I had Don hook up the dorm washer.  Turned it on, after cleaning the filter, and it STILL barely dripped into the washer.  Vero just looked at me, and I said, okay, we'll use the hose to fill it.  Turned on the hose, and almost nothing there either.  The main valve WAS open, so I was frustrated.  Then I looked down...the valve that was not working right was turned off...it doesn't close, so some water comes out.  Turned that on and WHOOSH, we had LOTS of water in the washer.  By the way, to get the washer OUT of the laundry room at the dorm, we had to take the frame off the door.  So you can see some of the frustrations for a few days there.

My energy level is down to the lowest it's been in a long time.  I can't seem to get it back up and it's so hard to get anything done this way.  Two nights in bed REAL early and up late, but that hasn't helped much. 

Don's been working hard on that door for the gate.  But even when it's done (and it is about to that point), we can't use it.  Our watchman is really sick.  If he's not there to open it, we can't close it.  

But the Lord put a huge bright spot in our life, too.  Well, not ours personally, but something that we have been praying for, for a long time.  The IDADEE orphanage has taken in their first child.  It's a little girl.  She is so cute.  She was born June 7th, 2008.  Although she has parents, they are unable to care for her.  Her name is Emmanuella.  Keep her and IDADEE in prayer.  Their prayers and dreams are finally being realized and it's a huge undertaking for them.   I though you would like to see a photo of Emmanuella.  So here she is!
 With all that is going on, we still need to keep our focus on the Lord Jesus Christ.  HE knows what is happening and what is going on.  I have to believe He is allowing all of this for some reason.  I just hope I learn whatever it is so we can move on.  There are a lot of other minor "things", but none of it really all that important.  It's simply frustrating.  Now I will be concentrating on the song, "The Joy of the Lord IS MY STRENGTH"!  That is a REAL truth and one I am going to cling to with everything I have.  I pray He is your strength, too, and that you can walk with Him and talk with Him as a close friend.
Blessings to you all!! 

No comments: