Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A long, but VERY interesting day

Airport was interesting, to say the least.  Not a lot of cargo, but very unusually hot and humid.  Not sure what is going on with the temperatures here, but I think it's the same the world over right now.  

When we got home, we had a visitor.  A wonderful surprise.  The daughter of some of our good friends came from Canada, and she stopped to see us.  It's been a LONG time since we've seen Guerline and it was good to see her again.  A month ago, her sister had a baby, and she is unable to keep it.  Guerline came to set in motion the adoption of the child.  She actually came to see if we had any information on adoption, but since we have not been involved, and it's changed drastically, we had nothing to share with her.  She had little Savanah with her.  She never asked, but was concerned about where the baby is staying.  The home situation is not the best to say it mildly.  They were about ready to leave, and Don and I had come in the house.  We looked at each other, walked out and offered to care of the child while the adoption is being worked on.  So, as of tomorrow, we will be foster care givers again.  Abbie has offered her "services" to help me care for Savanah.  She's a really good baby.  Not fussy in the least.  And as you can see, cute as a button.  We are hoping this will bring Grandma and Grandpa (Sandy and Bibiana) down to see their new granddaughter.  We would love to see them again.
 So, you can see, my ministry stopped pretty much for a while, but now it will be back in full swing again.  This will limit my working at the airport, but I will still go and do some of the work, with Savanah going along.  Another change of pace in our life.  But not a bad change.  I'm just glad we can help out our good friends.  Pray with us that the adoption process will go quickly.  We've been told it has moved along pretty quickly now.  Not sure about that, but I guess we'll find out.  Adoption into Canada seems to go much quicker than the US.  

Just got to thinking, humm.... gave all our baby items away.  Guess we'll have to search and find some things again.  Already have the crib here and ready to set it up.  Vero gave them a ride home, and returned with the crib.  

Our friends Ray and Bonnie, sent over a bunch of books for Abbie.  Some are a little advanced, but last night she asked me to read one to her.  I sat on the bed, and said, well, why don't YOU try to read it to me.  It really surprised me when she read the whole book (a 2nd grade level) with only two words she got stuck on.  She LOVES to read.  And her comprehension level is great, too.  

Abbie is now in here telling me I have to help her get ready for Savanah.  When she first saw her, I thought she was a bit jealous.  She said no, I'm not jealous, I'm just really unhappy.  I asked why.  She said because we had to stop the Tom and Jerry DVD to see the baby.  Turned it on and she was happy again.  She said she is sure Savanah will like Tom and Jerry when she "gets a bit older".  

Okay, on to work.  Abbie is reading over my shoulder and telling me to hurry!!

We are praising God that He has opened the door to this little child.  We know the home situation and know the child would have a hard time surviving there.  Pray for her, pray for her new family and pray for us.  We know God is in this.  And we are walking in His ways.  I pray you are doing the same thing.  Again, GOD IS AWESOME!!

No comments: