Monday, February 27, 2012

Time flies...

Some days it seems like time is flying by...other days it seems like the day will never end.  I don't think I'm the only one in that boat....but lately it seems like I'm in the former one.  I can't believe Savanah is over 4 months old already.  She is still such a little tyke and so cute. (Does that sound like a grandma talking?)  But others have said the same, so I don't think it's only me.  And we had been planning for our sons visit....and all of a sudden, he is here.  That time really flew by.  It seems like a constant thing lately with things flying by....like I'm standing here and watching things float by me.  One wedding done and another less than 2 weeks away.  But a lot of what I have to do is finished already for that one.  Still have to do the personal flowers for everyone, but the major ones are done, thanks to the last wedding.  I only have to change a few things in those flowers.  

I have to post some pictures here.   Savanah is the first one.  She was not happy to have me taking pictures...we were ready for church and it was like she was saying, "okay, get done so we can go."   
 And then on the flight last Thursday our son flew in.  See any resemblance?  A fellow missionary at the airport said, "Oh, is this Don's brother?"  I said, "Try SON!".   He looked sort of sheepish and said, "Oh man, now who do I apologize to?"  But they do look so much alike.  Actually all of our boys look just like their dad.  They got to work the same day he came in and I can't believe the work done in the garage.  One huge truck load went to the garbage already.  And it's organized now.  What a blessing for Don.  Todd sure has his dad's work ethic.  Just get in there and do it.
 This last picture was sent to my by our daughter.  Everyone knows I really like eagles.  And so does her neighbor.  When he caught this one, he made sure she would get it to me.  Isn't it fantastic?  One eagle on the nest and the other looking on.  Awesome.  
 I really do like what eagles represent.  Before I became a Christian I only thought of them as birds of prey.  But now I see the strength, the power and how God uses them to show us how we can be.  We can "...mount up with wings as eagles..." (Isaiah 40: 31) ...wow, what a thought.  But in God's strength we CAN do that.  

Don has spent the last few weeks helping Pastor Marius gets material for the work to be done on his church.  Then last week he helped while Marius' team was in, to continue to get materials.  He has done a lot of hard work to help get that church repaired.  (With a lot of flat tires and worn out days.)  Sorry I don't have any photos of that job.  But getting Don to take a camera with him is really hard.

It's back to Savanah now.  She has become a very definite "grandma's girl".  but she is with me 24/7.  And we don't go out much, except to church.  I'm trying very hard to break her of that.  Her new mama and family are coming for a visit the end of March and I want her to connect with them in a big way.  They hope to have her dedicated while they are here, too.  Pray for all these things for us.

So, on that note, I have to close and go take care of the little tyke.  She is a real joy, for sure.  Keep your eyes on Jesus, and remember, you have the ability to "mount up with wings as eagles."  

No comments: