Monday, March 5, 2012

The work and wonders

Since the last post, our son arrived (and departed), Don has celebrated his birthday,  and the girls continue to be a joy.  A few recaps to what has been going on.  I guess I did post once our son was here.  But the work that he accomplished in that short week was awesome....oops, there's that word again.  But really, he did get a lot done.  It was hard to see him leave.  This is a "before and after" picture of just one area.  Don can now find his tools, again.
 
 And painting the garage door brought the temperature in the garage way down.  Don was sure pleased with that project, too.
 

And Don's birthday was nice.  Celebrated with our friends on Sunday, then on Tuesday (his real birthday), we had another party.  

On Sunday, I dressed both girls, and myself in pink and white.  They were so cute.  So, of course I had to get a picture of them.  They are both growing so big.  And little Savanah adores Abbie.  She thinks Abbie is there, JUST FOR HER!
 A good friend, YEARS ago, took a picture out at the little pottery village not far from here.  Another good friend told me about it recently and shared what a great picture it was.  I asked for a copy.  It really is something that speaks to me, and to others, I know.  It is simply a potters hands forming a pot.  It's great.  And reminds me that WE are the clay in the potter's hands (the Lord's Hands), when we turn our life over to Him.  And when He is finished, as with this potter and pot in the picture, the work is beautiful.  I pray I'll continue to be a pliable piece of clay in the Lord's Hands, until he has finished me.  I know it will take a LOT to do that, but I'm willing to be molded into whatever the Lord wants me to be.  I hope you have that same willingness.  And I pray God makes us the vessels He wants and can use for His Glory.

Till next time....keep your eyes on Jesus...He is the author and finisher of our faith (the pot or vessel He wants us to be). 

No comments: