Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A bit of food for thought

A few days ago we received one of our daily devotionals from "Papa Roy".  He always has something to make you think and to open up your mind to what God is saying.  We do appreciate his devotionals so much.  

This one made me think, yet again, of things the Lord is trying to get through, not only to me, but to many others, too.  Here is part of that email:

Papa Roy says, significantly, two men can see the exact same sights ~ the same grapes, the same men, the same land, the same cities ~ one can come away singing in faith, and the other is filled with a sense of certain doom.  Ultimately, faith or unbelief does not spring from circumstances or environment, but from our hearts, which God must change. (D. Guzik)

In God we trust, so, "One man with God makes a majority."

And it's true, even without that one man, GOD IS A MAJORITY!!!   But if we are following Him, and doing our best to do what He wants us to do, we DO have that majority.  Our faith should see us through the worst of times, along with the best of times. 


I guess I'm talking to myself mostly here.  I seem to let circumstances take me down.  If I would simply turn it all over to God and let Him handle it, and believe, then it will work out.  Yes, it may take time.  Yes, it may not go as I think it should.  But YES, God knows best, and He is in charge of it all.  I simply (at times not so simply) need to keep my eyes centered on HIM and not on circumstances.  Even those who work against us will ultimately have to face the Lord.  We just need to keep perspective and keep our eyes on the Master of the universe and let Him guide and direct.


That brought to mind the old hymn... "My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness...."  I think the verse that really helps is: 

"His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.

On Christ the Solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand."


That is simply IT....Jesus Christ is my ALL.   He's all I need.  


Okay, I'm finished talking to myself now, I hope some little point in here made you think a bit too.  I know I do tend to ramble, but sometimes it seems others are facing the same areas of need as I am.  And maybe, just maybe, God can help someone else while He is working on ME. 


I hope your faith is based on the one and only solution to all problems, JESUS CHRIST!  I'll be praying for you, please do the same for us.  Blessings!!
 

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I found your blog on a pamphlet I picked up at Wills Valley Community Church here in Fort Payne, AL. I was so moved during our missions conference. I have decided to go back to nursing school and use the degree in the mission field. I would like to focus on women and healthy pregnancies, or in any way I can. There has been tremendous resistance to my going back. Family doesn't want me to make the investment, saying I am too old (37) and my kids need me more. I read this and I wonder, should I bother? All I need is Jesus. Maybe what I have to offer is enough. I don't want to be deceived. The decisions are so hard. I want to help in the mission field, but I want to do more than help. I guess that sounds silly. I want to have an actual service to offer. Now I am rambling!