Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Maybe a time for recouping?

Well, the wedding is over...and I claimed it's the last one I'll do.  But then again, I said at baby number 9 that it was the last one too, and Savanah is number 12.   But I do plan on cutting back a lot on things.  Would love to have some time to simply relax and do some things I haven't done in years.  We'll see how it goes.

The wedding went well.  Kettia didn't want a big wedding, and no reception.  But Salomon said, "You are only getting married once, so we will do it right."   Up until the day of the wedding, there were two little girls in the wedding party...aside from the Maren.  Well, that morning I find out I have to quickly make MORE flowers, for the extra two girls.  And the little guys didn't get any flowers.  But I don't think anyone noticed.  They were all so cute.  This first picture is of the kids.  Now, this didn't include the little boy and girl who walked with the bride and groom.  Abbie is the second from the bottom.  I sure didn't like the way the beautician did her hair.  And the brides hair was similar, and she didn't care for it either.  But, it was what it was.  .  Haitian weddings still confuse me, since they are ALL different.  
 Then the bride and groom had a professional photographer there.  (Something else Kettia didn't want).   But he was good and I admire how well he did with everything.  Since I was occupied with Savanah, Don took some pictures, and when the group went outside between the wedding and reception, we had Ruben take some photos for us.  Here you can see the bride's flowers.   
 I did get a picture before the wedding of some of the decorations.  Since we can do nothing on the walls or hang anything from the ceiling, it's a bit limiting.  But I did get some decorations up.  The bride, groom, maren, and paren all sit in the four chairs in front through the whole service.
 And of course, aside from Abbie, we had Savanah.  Don got a few pictures of her during the service.  She was a cut up...but we sat in the far back, so we could control her a bit.
 Between the wedding and reception they had everyone leave the area.  They had to remove chairs and put up tables for the food and for people to sit at.  At this point, I got sick.  I made arrangements with the people there to come the next day to get all the decorations, and Don, Savanah and I went home.  Kettia and Salomon felt bad that they didn't get any pictures with us, so after it was all over, they came to the house to get some photos.  It was funny, during the service we sat next to Kettia's mom.  She was a gem.  When I got sick, she leaned over and pointed to herself and said, "Mama".  Then she pointed to me and said, "Mama, too.  Thank you."  I was very touched by her comment.  

Well, now you've seen the wedding and some of the extras.  I already have some of the photos printed for Kettia and Salomon.  So, I think I'm done with the last wedding, at least I hope it's the last one.  


We are making plans for the end of the month.  Savanah's aunt (adoptive mom) and family are coming down to spend time with Savanah.  We know she will love them and especially her new 2 year old sister.  But the exciting thing is that she will be dedicated in English church while they are here.  I'm sure we'll have photos of that to share, too.


Keep Haiti in your prayers.  As with America, the nationality of the president is being questioned.  And unlike America, there are some demonstrations going on.  Nothing big deal around us though.  But unrest seems to be the norm all over the world right now.  Hummm.... could this be the start of something we've been expecting?  Will the Bible prophecy about the end times start coming true in the near future?  I know we will not know the day or time, but the season seems to be approaching quickly.  Are YOU ready for what is to come?  I pray the Lord has His hands on you and you have turned your life over to Him.  He is the only hope for such a troubled world.  If you don't know Him, personally, reach out and grasp onto the Hand of the Man who can make you whole.  Jesus cares about you.  So much so that He gave His life that you could live for all eternity with Him.  Let Him be your guide in the days ahead!!

No comments: