Monday, January 28, 2013

Times and seasons

I really have been trying to get some posting done... situations with "problems", and a lot of other things, including keeping up with a 15 month old, keeps my running.  When she sleeps, I can get some things done, but naps are not that long now.  I WILL find a solution to this, somehow.

We had a great service yesterday.  A visiting pastor came and his message was so good.  I praise God that He is sending some very good preachers our way with some very timely messages.  

I've been down with a really bad cold.  Savanah now has it, and Don is just starting to sound like he has it too.  I am so thankful the Lord has been with us through all of these horrid trials and situations.  

We now have a SECOND new generator.  We are using the first one here at our place, and filling it with oil constantly.  Don was VERY concerned that this second one may not handle the pump, for water.  We have a small team staying at the dorm, and knew they had to have water.  The first night they were here, Don went over to help get the generator hooked up.  All his concerns about it went right down the drain with the ample supple of water.  It works great and has some great features, too.  Like push button start, so people like me can start it.  No rope to pull, YEAH!!  And it handles the pump and the whole dorm with no problem!!  PRAISE THE LORD!!

 As I was sitting here yesterday morning praying and trying to get the service set up for English church, (I lead for the month of January), I was also asking God to please take care of our problems, fix them, make them go away.... etc.   I felt God speak to my heart.  He said "I AM working on it.  But you've been sharing on praying and how to turn loose of problems to me.  A year and half ago you gave a visual demonstration on what to do."   (Okay, I have shared that on here before, so just a quick update... I had our friend Ray help me in church.  He had chains wrapped around him, with a lock on it.  I said that when Jesus took the keys away from the devil, that unlocked the lock, for those who have accepted Christ.  I used the new verse in the song, "Amazing Grace".  The part of, "My chains are gone, I've been set free...." .   Anyway, I said once that lock is gone, YOU have to release things, like hate, bitterness, un-forgiveness, hurt and any other things that hold you down.  RELEASE them, and let the Lord take them and take care of them.  And then your chains will be gone and you will be set totally free.)  Now, back to what the Lord showed me yesterday.  I had not been thinking on this at all, so I know it was from Him.  The Lord said (to my heart), "you've prayed about all of this and keep coming to me with it.  But you take it back with you again.  You are NOT releasing it to me, you're just reminding me you have a problem with it.  NOW, release it and let me work through it."  I sat here looking around, sure that someone was speaking to me.  THEN I broke down and did what He asked, I RELEASED ALL THESE SITUATIONS TO HIM TO TAKE CARE OF!!  I felt so light, so good, so energized then.  I worked through that service agenda so quickly.  And God led me to have our prayer and praise time a bit different.  Yes we did ask for praises and prayers, but I didn't simply turn it over to have someone pray right then.  I challenged the whole congregation.  I said I know there are other prayer needs that weren't shared.  I know you have more praises to offer, but for some reason you hold both of these back.  Okay, that is NOT a problem.  I'm going to have Belle pray now, BUT.... I want each of you to offer up to the Lord what you did not share here.  You can do it in your heart.  THEN when Belle is finished, I challenge each and every one of you to go home and this week pray... ask God to answer all those prayers that EVERYONE prayed.  Those heard and those NOT heard by us.  We don't need to hear them, God knows what they are, but we, as a congregation, CAN left them up before Him, and ask His mercy and care on each and every prayer/praise offered up.  I got a few... "looks", but mostly I saw people nodding and saying yes, they can do that.  We are to pray for each other earnestly, and constantly.  God hears and answers.  In His time and in His way, but HE DOES ANSWER!  And following that we had a great sermon on being a TRUE DISCIPLE.  He took it from Luke 14, verses 25 and following.  It was such a good message.  Some day I want to write out the notes I took on it.  

Well, on to other things.  Sorry I got carried away there.  This morning I went in and had the visiting dentist work on my teeth.  One he filled, another I have to wait till I get stateside to have done.  But it's so good to have even the minor work done!!  Really thankful for teams that come to work and help out!

Now that Don has pretty much caught up on "issues" we've been having, he has to spend a couple of days doing much needed maintenance on vehicles.  He is having a good friend in town sell a generator he got a few years ago.  This will cover the cost of new tires for the truck. (I'm not sure which truck, though.)  Both need them.  Don is becoming very proficient in the bartering market now.

We have a lot of activity in town and all the way out here now.  Mardi Gras is coming up in two weeks and Haiti's president has declared it will be held here in Cap Haitian this year.  (The MAIN celebration anyway... it will be wild all over the country).  But he is driving from Port au Prince up here, so our roads are being fixed.  That is something of a shock, but great, too.  We aren't pleased to have the big event here though.  We'll be staying in the house for the three days leading up to it.  No one wants to get into that mess.  It turns in to chaos most of the time.

We went to town again, when a good friend came in on a team.  Took her and another missionary gal out to lunch and to do some grocery shopping for them and for us.  Had a great time.  You can see how restaurants decorate for Mardi Gras in this photo.  
 Had Abbie for a week while Vero went to the states.  Her and Savanah get along so well.  Savanah simply adores Abbie.  And Abbie loves to play with her.  They think the bath tub is a swimming pool and I get the floor washed every time they are in the tub.  

My brother and sister-in-law sent us a couple of boxes.  These were dresses that were given to them by a lady near them, who had received them from some women in the north.  (We're talking snow birds here).  They made these great dresses on the idea of the pillow case dresses.  But they went WAY beyond those simple designs.  Abbie fell in love with a couple of them.  So she has one she can wear now.  These women did a FANTASTIC job on these and we know a lot of orphans who will benefit from them.  Again, we praise God for people who have hearts for those in need.  

I'd better close and get this posted or I'll be cut off.  Thanks for your patience and for checking up on us.  I will really try to do better posting.  Our love and prayers go out for all of you, in whatever situation you find yourself.  We're praying and God knows your needs.  Blessings to all.... till next time!

No comments: