Monday, January 28, 2013

Two in one day, but need some prayers

Today has been a day... and then some.  First we got some good words about the adoptions here.... then we were given the bombshell.  Now, I want to make it clear that I have NO physical proof of what I've been told.  Not sure how to find out about this either.  But I do know we need some prayers, big time.

One of the orphanages here, out in the country who have done adoptions for years, just got an email from the Haitian government.  They said new rules are being applied.  IF this is true, it is so far out of reality, I don't know what to think.

This is what we've been told:

There will be ONLY 250 adoptions to the United States a YEAR.  The adoptive parents have no choice of gender or age.  They cannot chose the child.  The government will do that.  And the child cannot be being cared for in a private home.  They have to be in an "approved" orphanage.  (No idea which ones are approved.)  I have no idea if this applies to other countries and if it does if the restrictions are the same or not.  

And like I said, I have no physical proof this is a reality.  

IF it is, my heart is breaking.  Not only for Savanah, which would be really bad.  But for all these children who HAD a chance at a home, a family and family love.  If this were true, do you know how many children will suffer?  Orphanages have already stopped taking children in because there are so many, and they don't have room to care for the ones they have.  

I don't know if this would apply to adoptions already in progress or not.  It would not include us, since all we have is Savanah's abandonment papers.  We haven't started into the system yet.  

My heart is breaking totally.  These poor children.  Where is their hope now?  PLEASE pray with us on this.  Pray that it is not a real decision by this government.  And if it is, then pray that someone with a heart and some compassion will look at what is happening and will take steps to rescind this whole thing.

Haiti has enough problems without taking a step like this.  What will be their next step then?  I hate to think of that.

I'm going to close and I am leaving this whole thing in the Lord's Hands.  Please pray with us, pray for us, and especially PRAY FOR THE CHILDREN OF HAITI!!!  I am also praying that I can very quickly write a note on here and say, "Praise the Lord, it is not true!"  That is my desire.

No comments: