Saturday, March 16, 2013

Prayers needed


Before I share our prayer needs, I need to fill you in a bit on what's happening here.  This adoption has progressed so quickly it has me in a spin.  But I wanted to share a couple of special pictures with you.  I have shared that Jane and Bud have little Sammy.  But I've not shared any photos of him.  So thought I'd do that.  This is Sammy doing what Sammy does best...laughing.  And then Savanah gave him a kiss (they are both kissing cousins, I guess).  Then Sammy kissed her, and the pause in the camera, it didn't take until she had pulled away.
This last picture is Sammy last November when Bud and Jane got him.  He was 10 months old and weighed 8 pounds.  Now you can see why I call him "Chunky Charlie"... he is about 17 pounds now and doing fantastic.  He's a cutie.  And Savanah loves him.  She treats him like her little guy.

Now, on to our prayer request.  This is what I had sent in an email earlier today.
 
I'm not sure where to start... my head and mind are spinning a mile a minute.  I have shared about this adoption and how all of a sudden, things are happening.  It is just over a week since the real moving on it has begun.  And yet, wow, things are really moving.  We have accomplished in this week what would have taken us months or even a year or two to do on our own. This is very definitely the Lord's moving things.  Not only are doors opening, but God has placed Christian people in the doorway to help us and walk us through things.  I really praise God that He had put Jane and Bud in our lives, and little Sammy, too.  THEY are the reason we have been able to do this.  Jane has asked those she is dealing with to consider Savanah's papers, too.  And it's working.

Okay, today we got word that a woman, pretty high up in this process wants to see Jane and Sammy and Savanah and I, down in Port.  We have our meeting Monday morning with Savanah's mom at the psychologists.  Pray for that meeting.  And then PLEASE pray as on Wednesday Jane, I and the babies will be driving to Port for this meeting.  Pray for safe travel, pray the kids will not have problems with the trip. Pray that the meeting goes according to the Lord's will.  And please, pray for things to get accomplished that need to be done. 

Every time I think about how long it took our grandson to get home to his new parents, I am amazed at how quickly some of this is getting done.  ESPECIALLY with the new laws here.  I know that both of these adoptions are exceptions, since it is private (no orphanage involved) and that the adoptive parents are Haitian.  (In our case, one of the parents).  And also, with our case, it is a family adoption.  But it still amazes me how things are moving. 

So, please, pray, and ask others to pray that the Lord will go before us, go with us and surround us with His love and care for the whole trip.  I am not afraid to go, that is not the case.  I really don't have any concerns, except that the children may have problems.  I have total confidence that the Lord is orchestrating all of it.  But I would appreciate the prayer backing of all of our friends and family. 

Thank you and God bless.  He is a mighty God who can do mighty things.  And we praise Him for all He is doing. 

I'll update as possible.  Not sure if I'll have internet access while in Port.  But I'll try. 


No comments: