Sunday, September 14, 2014

We are finally HOME!

It's with joy and thanksgiving I can say we are finally home.  On my return visit to the doctor, he said I could go back home, if I kept an eye on things.  And he sent me with a month of antibiotics.  We had a good flight back.  Our friend Ray brought us home from the airport.  What a relief to be back home again.  I wanted to share a picture I took on the plane.  It was a great sunrise right after we took off from Fort Pierce.  (I put the photo here, but not sure if it's working.  If not I'll try again in a day or two to post it.)
I will share that my kids had told me to not overdue when I got home.  Well, sad to say, I wasn't able to follow that.  Don had so much work waiting for him when we got here, that I had no choice but to take on Savanah again.  He is still pretty much making meals and doing dishes, though.  And that is a HUGE help.  And he has hired a gal to come and do floors and ironing, too.  He had talked about that before and it's a big help for me. 

I am still having some effects from the virus.  Joint pain and headaches are with me pretty often.  I have started walking as much as possible now, too.  I simply cannot stand sitting here and watching everyone else do the work.  It's been over a month of being in bed or just sitting in a chair.  My foot still has it's moments, too, but that will go away in the near future. 

We were amazed at the way the airport is progressing.  I did get another tour (in a wheelchair) and was happy to see so much accomplished.  On Tuesday, one of our head guys at MFI will be coming in for a couple of days.  We will be trying to figure out exactly what the airport expects of us here, and what MFI will need to meet their expectations.  Harold will also share what MFI would like to see accomplished in the future here in CAP with our airline.  So Wednesday will be my first venture out from the house. 

Don has been working on so many things here.  We do not have either of our vehicles on the road yet.  We need one sticker on each and we seem to be having a bit of a problem getting them.  It is a problem, but yet, Don has been able to get a lot accomplished here because he can't get out yet.  The main thing right now is our electric situation.  Don has the needed items to get it done, but he will need help to finish it up.  And he also brought the needed items to get the tile in Vero's house and get her electric up and going.  She is very anxious to get moved in.  So there are some prayers needed there.

As for the adoption, I haven't been able to talk to anyone yet about where it stands.  First, my phone ran out of time and we had a time getting a card to put in it.  Then the weekend came up and no one is around.  But the Lord knows all of that and is working on it in His way and in His time.  I have to believe that He knows where we are with it and is going to bring it to pass. 

Abbie is back in school and seems to enjoy it again this year.  She loves to learn and is absorbing knowledge like a sponge.  Savanah is .... well, Savanah.  She can be so sweet and loveable, and then she can be a real stinker.  But she is still a sweetheart to us.  And she loves to pray.  She'll take her dolls and sit down with them and pray with them.  She is a joy to watch.  Her favorite DVD's are Turtles (both one and two) and any and all Alvin movies.  She also likes Monsters Inc. 

Well, I had best get some more work done while I can.  Don just made Molassis cookies from his dad's "secret" receipt.  He said they are really good.  I'm not much into cookies, so I just believe him. 

Please keep us in prayer.  For me to get rid of the aftereffects of the virus and to completely heal from the cellulites.  For Don, as he takes on the many challenges and work awaiting him.  For our vehicle papers to be completed.  And for Savanah's adoption.  And pray for Vero.  She has so much on her plate and she is working non stop all the time.

Thanks for being there for us with prayers and support.  We know the Lord is with us and keeping His hands on us.  We pray He is working in your life as well.

No comments: