Friday, March 2, 2018

Into March

I didn't realize how long it's been since I posted....sorry yet again.

I just finished an email that I thought I'd share on here.  But I think I may have to share more than one.  So, I'll start here and then go from there to our next post.  Yes, it will be backwards, but that is sort of like like in Haiti!  😌

The other thing I'll add are a few pictures that the email didn't have, so in a way, you get a different view of things.  Blessings!!


Greetings,

We have had a busy two weeks (or more) since I last posted.  Someone once said the older you get, the slower you go.  For some reason I am not finding that to be true.  There are times I feel like I’m on a fast moving train and all the things I need to do are outside somewhere, zipping by.  But I think I’ve finally gotten a grasp on things…either that or the train slowed down a bit.  

A couple of “major” things have gone on in the last couple of weeks. The first being that I made a quick 5 day trip to Fort Pierce, in Florida.  MFI had asked me to come and be at the banquet they had in West Palm Beach.  It was a great banquet.  Had 300 people, plus or minus…I didn’t count.  The music was done by the wife and son of one of our pilots (Ray), and the wife of our president (Joe).  That was wonderful and I know everyone sure enjoyed it. There were pictures and short stories of quiet a few missionaries who are serviced by MFI.  And then they had asked me to share a couple of “impact” stories of how I have seen MFI impact lives because of the service they provide.  I shared two that through the years have kept MFI at the forefront of many people’s thoughts.  I was able to spend some quality time with our friends Paul and Belle.  In fact I stayed with them.  And was also able to see some friends who I see very seldom. And, of course, seeing the MFI staff and their families was a blessing. So, it was a great weekend.  I also ended up shopping to bring back needed items for here at home.

This is Paul and Belle at the Banquet!!  GREAT friends!!

Then, the day after I returned, we celebrated Don’s birthday.  Another milestone added.  Don didn’t want a traditional birthday cake, so I made pineapple upside down cake.  And did add a few candles.  Not for every year…we don’t have fire insurance here.  But Abbie decided grandpa is now 8 years old.  But he was able to blow out all the candles he did have!!

Happy Birthday Don!!
Thanks to MFI and Belle, I now have curtain material for Vero’s new addition.  I was going to use it for the dorm windows, but figure I’ll get Vero’s done first and then the dorm, as material and time permits.  MFI was given many large bolts of material.  Belle knew what I was looking for, so she picked out the material she knew I would like.  A huge thanks to MFI and to Belle, for solving one of my problems!!

Don is diligently working on the screens for Vero’s house, trying to get them finished.  And we have someone coming to paint the walls and it will soon be ready for the final touches, like plumbing and finishing the electric.  

We do have a prayer request and a sad note for those of you who know Pastor Saintil, who works at the airport.  He was on his way to the airport for our MFI flight, on a motorcycle, when he was hit by a pickup truck.  He was taken to the hospital, but the doctors we not available.  I talked to him and he asked if MFI would be willing to take him back the US.  They had already left, but when I called, they made arrangements for the plane that was then in the Dominican, to return and pick Pastor Saintil up.  Once stateside our former president, Dick Snook, took him to the emergency room.  His left arm is broken just below the shoulder joint.  As I am writing this he should be heading in for surgery on that.  They will have to put a plate in with screws.  He will need our prayers for this to heal correctly.  So please keep him in prayer.  I will update as we know anything more.

We have some former missionaries from here in Haiti, staying at the dorm right now.  What a blessing to see and be able to fellowship with Ron and Denise.  I know there are many people wanting to spend time with them while they are here, so we feel blessed to be able to spend even a fraction of it with them.  Keep them in prayer also, as they minister to so many here.

I have shared with you that the book “The Battle Plan for Prayer” has made an impact on my life. Each chapter of the book ends with a prayer.  I would like to share one of those prayers with you as a closing to this update.  Please read it and pray it with me.

“Lord, You are a good and loving God. You didn’t need to allow us to know You and pray to You, but You did.  I thank You that through Jesus we can boldly approach Your throne of grace in our time of need.  Make me a strong and effective prayer warrior.  Help me walk closely with You, to pray in faith, in Jesus’ Name and in agreement with other believers.  May I delight in You above all else.  Give us grace and faith to trust You for great things.  And prompt us with great requests so we can lift them back to You and watch You answer them for our delight and for Your glory.  In Jesus’ name, amen.   “The Battle Plan For Prayer”, by Stephen & Alex Kendrick (pg.79)

I know you would enjoy the book if you got it!!!  Blessing beyond measure to you and yours!

No comments: