Monday, January 19, 2009

A bit more on the weekend...

Hi,
I thought I'd add one more picture, or maybe two. I don't know if you all realize it, but we treat everyone the same. If it's the president of MFI, or one of the workers here, they are all in the same boat with us. Thus the first picture....it's of the group (that WONDERFUL group) who were here doing the retreat. They are on the back of the truck heading to the airport to leave. (It does look like a cattle truck, doesn't it?) On the very back, bouncing around and hanging on, are Harold (one of our main guys at MFI...he does all the work to keep us going here), then Pastor Randy (preachers are treated like normal people), and then Al, our purchasing agent at MFI. You'd think we'd treat them much better, but this is
the fun of being on the mission field I guess. (Gee, I hope our purchase orders come through okay now). Actually, on the trip to the airport, Al was trying to drink some water from his bottle. We missed the best shot of him bouncing one way and his water shooting the other way. But they all held on and we didn't lose a one of them. And actually, we had Dick, (THE PRESIDENT) in the truck with us...air conditioned and smoother riding. But he rode in the other truck all weekend, so he wasn't exempt. We praise God we have such a great group of guys to work with at MFI. (And they are all good eggs, too, when it comes to things like this.)The second photo is one taken of Abbie. Our grandson decked her out as a princess. (She claims she is one, so I guess it fits). We are so glad they are getting along so well.
Well, it's on to getting things ready for our team tomorrow. Have a super great day and remember to keep Jesus at the front of it all. His love is overwhelming, overpowering and totally awesome. (I learned all those neat words from our grandkids).

1 comment:

jenny.2009 said...

I love all of your blog posts, they are so awesome:)
I'm so happy you had a great retreat! I miss it there soo very much! I wish I was there with everyone now!
Hope you all are doing well,and let us know if there is anything we can do for you here in boring Indiana:)

See you SOON!!
Jenny

Ps; give Abbie a big hug for me:)