Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Middle of January

Happy Middle of January...almost

I just realized that tomorrow is the middle of the month. After checking the temps in Wisconsin, where we're from originally, I'm SO glad to be in Haiti. They canceled Bible study tonight at our home church there because of the wind chill factor...oh I DON'T miss that cold stuff. I sort of miss seeing the snow (out the window), but not the cold.

Decided to put a picture of our new grandson and Abbie (our "adopted" granddaughter). They have been playing well together since he got here last Thursday. With an almost 8 year difference it's great they are getting along, mostly.
We had one team leave on Tuesday (yesterday), and another coming tomorrow. Thank the Lord for our Haitian helpers and for our daughter-in-law. They did a lot of the work for me. BUT the team that left did a lot of the clean-up, too, so that was a huge blessing. The group coming tomorrow is hosting the MFI retreat. We have the pleasure of having them here with us until Sunday at noon. We, and many others, are really looking forward to the fellowship, prayer and praise and the teachings. These retreats that MFI hosts are such an uplift and delight for all who attend. I'll let you know more on how it went once it's over.

Don's been working on a few things around here that needed attention. I'm so happy he is doing that. There is no fuel to speak of here right now. I'm not sure of the problem, but we have to be very conservative at this time. We can't even buy it on the black market. So there must be some reason for this going on. Keep that in prayer for us, since we have teams coming who need to get to and from projects they are working on. It will be a tough thing if we can't get anymore fuel.

We finally got word that our first container is in Cap...now that doesn't mean we'll get it any time soon, but it IS here. Our broker is trying to set a date for inspection and then the wait on paperwork begins. So that is a HUGE prayer request right now.

Getting late and this body needs some rest. Still fighting whatever it is I have. Dr. Steve is back and I hope he will be able to tell me what to do to get rid of this .... ahhh... YUCK...I have. It gets tiresome being sick, and I sure am tired of it. Too much to do to wear out so fast. I'm believing God has a reason for me going through this, but at this point, I don't see it. But I still believe He is with me and is holding on to me.

So, for now, Praise God for all you have, all you are, and who you are in the Lord!!! He truly IS an awesome God!!

No comments: