Friday, January 9, 2009

We are into the NEW YEAR

Greetings in the New Year!!

I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to get back on here and update. Quite a few things have been going on and I'll try to cover most of them. First, of course, was Christmas and then the Disney trip with my daughter's family. Then I returned with a team...and pneumonia. The team was great and tried to help me relax and rest, but that is so hard for me to do when I am supposed to be taking care of things for the team. But they did get the
blocks laid for a pastors new home. He was so happy to have so much done in such a short time. The day that team left, another came in. This one had our daughter-in-law on it, her father, and three other fellows. They are working with a Haitian pastor doing many things. Our daughter-in-law flew to Port au Prince to bring her son back to spend some time with us (maybe a month), while they TRY to get the paperwork moving on the adoption. The neat thing about this all is that mom, new son, and both grandpa's are here together.

I am going to put some pics in here and share some of the fun we've had.
Abbie was a real trip with Christmas presents. Even those for others made her so happy. There weren't many, but she enjoyed each and every one, for her and for others, with total joy.These few are from Disney. I especially love the one with the three boys holding hands. The other two do take care of Donny.Donny fell in love with Minnie Mouse. At each park, Minnie paid special attention to him and he soaked it up, BIG time.And then the one of Abbie at the airport with a stuffed horse that a family who was leaving was taking out. She thought that horse was so neat. It was BIG, SOFT, and it MOVED.
And of course, our new grandson and his new grandpa's.
So, you see, it's been a busy time here. I'm still recuperating and prayerfully getting better. This sure is hanging on, even after two rounds of antibiotics. So, keep praying, for me, for the teams, for the completion of the adoption of our new grandson, and for the salvation of the lost. Keep our whole ministry in prayer. We have a full schedule of teams for the next several months. And we are STILL waiting on our containers. This is a real challenge for us, this lesson in patience.

Till next time, God bless and keep Jesus at the center of your life!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You guys are awesome! I love the pictures and the posts. I can't believe how Christine's children have grown!! I was picturing them as little for some crazy reason :-)
Hoping and praying you are on the mend.
Hugs to you and share them with Don

Karen Bobalik