Saturday, February 21, 2009

End of one week... whew....

Today is a good day....I am up and about. Not doing much but UP and ABOUT!! Somehow I contacted a virus that totally wiped me out. I was so sick the first day I think I only woke up a couple of times. The second day was one of trying to stay awake and keep things down. Didn't put much in, so didn't have a lot of problem with that. Yesterday I tried to get things moving again with the Christmas Bags...but shouldn't have. That set me back again. Today, sitting at the computer and trying to stay upright was an accomplishment. So, YES, IT'S A GOOD DAY!!

Last weekend one of "our kids"...one of the older EBAC girls, had her newest baby dedicated. As you can see, they go ALL out for it. Rose Shirley is a real cutie. But we are asking for prayers for her. She is three months old and has an enlarged heart. There are a couple of people in the US trying to get the information gathered and finding a way to get her treated in the US. Such a cute little mite, and having such a hard time
breathing and simply living. Please keep her in prayer, along with her family.Then, of course, there is Abbie!! She is always at the front of our minds. She is a real piece of work. When Don and I were in Washington state last May, some very good friends, Bill and Laurie, got Abbie a tea set. Well, everyone week or so, I get hit with, "We have to have a tea party grandma!!" This time she got everyone involved. There was mom, Betty (who had never experienced this before), Grandpa and Grandma. She really loves these times. It's HER time with whoever she chooses. And she really lives it up. Do you realize how hard it is for grandpa to drink out of a tiny little tea cup like this? But we do it for the kiddo, anyway.We got word that our container paperwork should be worked on either next Thursday or Friday. That means we could have it the week after that. Pray with us that hearts will be softened and they will realize we do not have a lot of money to get this through. It would be different if we sold anything, but we give away (FREE) everything on that container. And most important is the scriptures and food coming in. There are other things as well, but those are the two most important items. So, pray with us that the cost will come down.

Okay, out of time and energy...have to take a break. I just keep praising God that He is there with us through all things. And I'm thankful I can feel His Hand on me through it all. Keep your chin up and a smile on your face...you are reflecting the Lord!!

No comments: