Thursday, February 26, 2009

URGENT prayer request

This will be short, but very, very important. On February 21st, I put on a couple of pictures of Rose Shirley on the day of her dedication. I mentioned then that she had a heart problem. Well, things have gotten to a point of urgent prayers. Carolyn, our good friend in Florida, is like a grandmother to this child. She was here a few weeks ago, and took copies of the doctors report back with her to have someone in the US look at them. Carolyn and her husband are not in a position financially, to do a lot. But her heart is with Mama and Rose Shirley. She has been trying to get some input from different sources. She finally found someone who could read the papers. It is in French so it's been a trial. Here is part of the email I received today:

I just got off the phone from talking with the echo cardiogram technician, and boy, is it serious. She gave me a lot of info, but the main thing is that our baby has severe pulmonary hypertension and global hypokenesis. The blood is not moving right, and the pressure on the right exceeds the pressure on the left. She said there is a hole between the right and left parts of the top of the heart, so the valves are leaking. She said some more stuff, but basically the bottom line is that this is extremely urgent to get her to a pediatric cardiologist. She didn't even think I should wait until the doctor gets back on Monday, and gave me the numbers for two local medical translation services.

The urgency is that Rose Shirley will go into right heart failure and her lungs will fill with fluid - and it will be fatal. So, I will be calling the translation services and proceeding as quickly as possible. At this point, I think I will get back to the advocacy group Amy found, since it seems none of my leads here have panned out. I'm sure it will cost for the translation, ...but I will come up with whatever it takes to get this process moving.

So, now you know the situation and how to pray. Keep not only Rose, but her mama and her "adopted" grandma, Carolyn, in prayer. We are all feeling the pain and urgency of this whole thing. So, PLEASE PRAY, and add Rose Shirley to your prayer chains. She is only three months old and this is a very difficult time for all. I will keep you posted as we know what is happening.

I am going to start praising God for what He is going to do in and through this whole situation. He has little Rose in His Hands and He can move mountains to help her. Pray with us for God to intervene and be there for Rose. Thank you.

No comments: