Saturday, April 24, 2010

April 24th Saturday

Well, I'm thinking positive. I am going to believe that Abbie and Vero will get their visas. I am so believing this that I made reservations for all four of us to fly out on MFI on the 13th of May. Keep this in prayer, okay?

I've been working like mad to get the computer room and laundry room into order. That's a tall order, considering what a mess they were before the shelves and rearranging started. But I AM making headway. One huge problem is that I have tons of papers to burn. There are so many, OLD, OLD papers that there is no reason to have. And it will create some space for what does need to be saved. Keep me in prayer on that one, too.

Don has been making deliveries and getting things distributed. The problem there is that there are more requests than there are items to give out. So we are praying that God will get it to the people who are most in need. From the pictures you can see Vero and Don took the food to a family where the vehicle wouldn't go. They got as far as they could, then hiked up the hill with the food. Not an easy task when some of the boxes were pretty heavy, and the sacks of corn were pretty hefty too. But they made the family really happy. Keep Don and the deliveries in your prayers. It's getting really hard to say no when the needs are so great.I guess that is another reason we are looking forward to some time out. We need a break from the constant pressure of people coming and needing so much. But we are also looking forward to seeing some friends and family. Visiting and getting refreshed is so needed right now.

I'll leave you with this thought....who have you shared Jesus with this week? There are many ways of sharing...in word, in deed, and in prayer. This week I've really been led to pray for those who came to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ at the same time we did...but have walked away from serving Him. I'm praying the Lord will open eyes, and hearts and draw His own back into the fold. Keep reaching out...someone needs you, in some way, to share Jesus' love with them. You ARE a blessing, we pray you are also blessed!!!

No comments: