Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Life is a challenge

Hello again,

Well, to say that life is a challenge in Haiti is putting it mildly. It seems no matter which way you turn, there is another challenge waiting for you. One incident of this was our newsletter. I had it completed and ready to print and go. Had all the envelopes ready and started printing the letter...and ran out of ink. Now in the US, that wouldn't be such a hard thing, you go to the store and get some. Not so here. I didn't realize I was short on one of the colors. (I LOVE the printer I have, it has separate cartridges for each color. I don't have to buy the whole thing if only one color is out!!) Normally I keep a supply of ink on hand, and I THOUGHT I had all the colors covered...well, guess what, I didn't. So, went on line and ordered it. Now the place I use is GREAT...when I order it goes out the same day and I normally have it on the next plane. (And the prices are cheaper than the store.) Now comes the next phase of the situation...MFI had the next two flights totally filled with cargo, and the ink didn't come until the third flight...we are talking a week and a half here. SO, finally I got the ink and was able to print it all out. Don had sent out the ones I did get printed, so some are two weeks later than the others. Yup, frustration, huh? And definitely a CHALLENGE!! But they are ready to out on the plane tomorrow (the last of them, anyway). But I wanted to get the newsletter posted on here, also. So, my next blog will be that letter.

We have our weather station up and working...but not sure I like it. Now I can see when it's in the mid to upper 90's. Before, it was just, okay, it's hot. Now it's like, WOW, it's 95 and it's only April!! But Don is happy with it, so I guess it's okay. I simply won't LOOK at the thing anymore.

I have gotten several letters of request for Vero to come and speak on the IDADEE orphanage. These will go with us to the consulate next week. They came via email, which is fine, and I hope they make an impression on the consulate.

Don has been really busy making deliveries, both of food and water. He will be running every day now until we leave May 13th. He is trying to help people stock up a bit for while we are gone. Water is the problem, though. So pray for the people who have to depend on him for good water. It's a hard time for them, and for Don, who feels their pain.

I'm supposed to be at the airport today, but MFI had to reschedule our flight due to a storm that went through yesterday. (In Florida, not here). The flight they were to make to the Bahamas had to be done today, so it puts our flight off until tomorrow. Those guys are constantly on the move, doing a fantastic job all the time.

As we move into the hurricane season, pray with us that we will not be hit with any of them. They claim this year will be a big one for hurricanes in the Caribbean. But they have been wrong before, so we hope they are again. Haiti is having a hard enough time recovering from the earthquake, they don't need a hurricane to compound that.

Until tomorrow... have a super great, Christ filled day. Remember what He did for you, and share that with someone who doesn't know Him. And keep smiling!!! Jesus loves you!!!

No comments: