Saturday, November 13, 2010

Almost a week

I can't believe it's almost a week since I've posted.  A few really busy days and then a couple of feeling cruddy days, I guess that's where it all went. 

Don has the fellows here pouring the second column for the gate!  YEAH!!  Can't wait for it to be finished.  It will still take a while but we are hoping not REAL long!  Of course, when you are working hard and trying to get things done, something else comes up.  A water pipe broke...or in reality, someone broke it off.  Cequer (one of our "kids") simply put a plug in it until Don can get at it to fix it.  

I spent a couple of days "standing guard" again.  Sure cuts into my work time, but that's better than Don not being able to finish his work.  Oh yea, the other "thing" that went wrong...the cement mixer had a flat tire.  No problem right?  Wrong, it was tubeless and had to order tubes.  Got them and figured no problem, simply put the tube in.  Wrong again.  Someone had borrowed the mixer at one point, and they didn't wash it down.  The whole wheel was cement and Don couldn't get the lug nuts off.  He finally pulled the wheel off the axle.  Only to find out the bearings were shot.  He did the best he could to fix it and put it back together.  This was AFTER he found out the whole problem had been the valve stem.  So, for now the cement mixer is working.  It seems nothing here is ever easy.  

I've gotten pretty far behind on my emails, so have to spend some quality time doing that now.  Of course this all depends on if I'm needed outside again.  Never a dull moment here.

I totally forgot I hadn't posted on here about the new book that MFI published.  It's about the earthquake and many who helped here.  I have ordered mine and am really anxious to see it.  Go to the web site and take a look.  I saw some of it before it was done and it's really awesome.  The web site is:  www.shakinggroundunshakablefaith.com  I know  you'll enjoy it once you get a preview.  


Need a lot of prayers for the cholera situation here.  It's spreading and becoming a national crisis now.  I don't even know the current numbers of deaths and infections.  But it raises daily.  It  hits a lot closer to home when you know someone who didn't make it.  And some simply are not heeding the warnings or taking simple precautions.  I guess they are thinking it won't hit them.  How tragic is that?  The information is out, via radio, TV, teachers in classrooms and many other ways...but people have to LISTEN to what is said.  So, please keep praying and lifting this poor, torn country up to the Lord.  


One of our dogs had puppies yesterday.  Abbie, being Abbie, named them.  One is Michale and one is Peter.  She said they are named after our grandsons.  I guess since they were here, she wants to remember them.  And there were only two male puppies.


One other praise item.  I want to thank the physical therapist who was here.  I believe the exercises he gave me are starting to work!!!  It may still take a while to get all movement back, but it IS starting to work.  


Okay, that's our news for now.  Let us know how YOU are doing.  I may not be able to answer all emails, but we love to hear how  you are and how we can pray for you!!  Even in troubled times, our God is awesome and shows us a way through our problems.  Take hold of His hand and keep smiling!!





No comments: