Friday, January 7, 2011

The Friday that was...

Wow, what a day.  I woke up and was really pretty sick.  In the back of my mind, Cholera came up.  I firmly put that behind me and said, nope, just flu or something.  I was NOT giving in to feeling like crud.  I got up, dressed and ended up in the bathroom again.  My mind said, maybe we can wait on the container until tomorrow.  Just as I finished, Vero called out.  "MOM, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!"  My mind went many directions...then she said, "The container is HERE, NOW!"  So, what do you do?  I grabbed all my paperwork, all my junk and headed out to get things moving.  We didn't even have the guys here to unload...no one knew it was coming this early.  (Oh yes, 10:30 IS early for a container to get here.)  Everyone went into action and moved quickly.  Had a great driver, for a change.  A young fellow who knew what he was doing.  And very pleasant, too.  In a little over 2 1/2 hours, we had it unloaded.  (We is a collective word.)  Don directed things, Vero cooked, Shannon worked with the girls, on the Christmas bags.    I did what I could, but concentrated on getting everyone else in line and doing things.  Then I started calling people to come and get their things, and set up for people to come for their Christmas Bags.  Got a LOT accomplished, too, much to my surprise.  The two pictures below show just a bit of the work, and some of the Christmas Bags being sorted and counted.  After all the work was done, and the gang fed, I went to look at the gate!!
 
What a wonderful surprise.  Bob and Larry had gotten the second door almost done.  Yes, hinges, wheels and locks still need to go on, but the hardest part was almost done.  A bit of welding tomorrow will accomplish that.  The first picture below is Bob showing Don what they had finished yesterday.  Then the second one is both of the doors, when work was done for today.  That's a LOT of welding and cutting and work!! 

And tomorrow I have quite a few ministries coming for their boxes.  It's really hard to believe that so much was done in such a short time.  Oh, I left out that Don had to take the cable holding our electric pole and mount it on the gate pillar.  God was there, too.  Just as Larry came down the ladder from finishing that, the container pulled in.  

It all goes to show that God didn't need me to be there to get it all done, HE had it all worked out.  So, tonight, we are ALL simply resting and rejoicing that it is done.  Tomorrow will take care of itself.  So, no worries tonight just rejoicing and praising God for how wonderful He is!!  

No comments: