Friday, March 19, 2010

An eventful week

Can't think where to start this one. I know it's been a while, but Praise God I am home now. Still a bit hectic here, but we'll deal with that.

I was able to spend a day with the team before we flew in. What a great group we have. I can't believe how much they have accomplished since they got here. They are out delivering food this morning. Actually passing out food. This is food that someone sent in money to purchase and they are blessed to be able to see where it is going. I hope to have some photos soon, but no one has shared any with me at this point. They also assembled bags of food to distribute on Monday out in the countryside. I think they have 240 bags done for that one. But the huge thing for us is that they sorted, bagged and filled I think over 150 buckets for our bucket ministry. Wow, what a blessing. I am hoping they will get to deliver some of those, too. They have done a tremendous job on all they are doing.

For those of you who have been here before, or who know Ti-Louie Destine and his wife, Louisa, please keep Louisa in prayer. She is one of the most powerful prayer warriors here in Haiti. She is facing some medical problems in the states and can use all of the prayers we can send up. Louie is a fantastic pastor who has such a heart for the people. We have known him and Louisa almost as long as we've been here in Haiti. He and his wife are about the most dedicated people to the Lord and His service, as we have seen here. Louisa started an intercessory prayer group, under a tree. It has grown to huge numbers. These Haitians pray UNTIL THEY GET AN ANSWER!!! That is dedication. Well, now she can use our prayers. The Lord knows the details, all we need to do is ask for Him to be there for her and to touch her body. We need these dedicated nationals back here in Haiti, doing what the Lord called them to do.

I mentioned before that Carolyn needed our prayers. Well, that need is still there and is very important now. The biopsy after her surgery showed up as cancer. (We are all praying that it is self contained, as the doctor felt). But to top that off, her husband lost his job. He had worked at this job for over 30 years. The company was sold and they are trying to oust many of the people there. This is an added burden for them. And they have had some family problems, too, aside from her mom passing away, which has been really stressful for her. So, please keep them in prayer. We serve a mighty and awesome God who can turn all of this around for His glory.

Although my appointment went really well, there was still the biopsy reports we waited for. I was not really concerned, until Wednesday evening, when Carolyn's situation hit me. Then I became a bit anxious for the results. The Lord came through. My biopsies were benign and I only have to keep focused on what the doctor told me to do. So, am praising God for that!!

Now to what everyone has been asking me about. HOW IS HAITI REALLY DOING? In the couple of days since I've been back, I've talked to several pastors and some other people here. Our area is packed with refugees. It's hard to drive in town with all the people there now. And the needs have escalated tremendously. One pastor is dealing with over 1,000 people through their church. Everyone you talk to has someone living with them, or near them who came from Port au Prince. These are people who were stretched to the limit before the earthquake and now they are in even more depressing situations. We praise God for the help He has been sending us. We are working through those who honestly know the real situations with people. Those who have sent help to us, are enabling us to enable others to help where the needs are the greatest.

I am going to try and download some more videos soon. You all know I am technically challenged, so this is stepping out of my comfort zone. Putting photos on here was my first challenge, and I did meet that one, now it's on to other things.

The churches here are really growing. So many are coming to the Lord and making commitments to follow Him. They are entering into Bible studies and being baptized. This is such an overwhelming time for those who have been praying for revival for so long. I am going to have to get the Thesaurus out and find some more words for awesome. But right now, that is THE word.... AWESOME!!!!!!! God is working mightily here in Haiti.

The team will return soon, and I need to get some unfinished work moving. Only a week and a half, but over 400 emails AGAIN...no rest for the weary. And I have lots of other work to get to, too. Guess the Lord will have to help me through it all. He usually does, anyway, so I depend on Him totally to get me moving and working.

Keep everyone and everything going on here in your prayers. God hears and will answer.
Look around and praise Him for the awesome things He is doing in YOUR life.

1 comment:

Karen Smith said...

Thankful to hear that you received good results from you tests. Thank you for the updates on Carolyn and the situation in Cap Haitian. God is using you in amazing ways both there and back here as we share your news with those around us.

May God continue to bless and strengthen you,

Karen Smith