Saturday, March 27, 2010

March 27th update

Again, I have to apologize for taking so long to get on here and update things. It's been an interesting time, to say the least. Let's see, where to start...

The team did a fantastic job and accomplished so much. We are so thankful to them for all their hard work. Right toward the end, sickness started setting in. I was assured by Dr. Steve that this is going around Haiti, BIG TIME. Sometimes it's a 24 hour bug, others it lasts longer. Well, the team leader got a touch of it, and then it hit Stan...and then Nancy, who had stayed here while I was gone. I don't think either Stan or Nancy were feeling up to par when they left, and I prayed for them. They left on Tuesday. Wednesday evening, I wasn't feeling the best, but figured it was just sinus. Thursday at the airport, I finally had to ask Joseph to take over and we left. Thursday afternoon I was in bed. I sat up for about half an hour Thursday evening, but that was all I could manage. Friday was a total day in bed...I tried to get up again, but didn't last long. I was up today, but didn't do anything except sit in a chair. THIS is the most I've done in days. But I'm slowly coming out of it and will be on the mend quickly, I'm sure.

I wanted to update you on several things, though. Carolyn saw her doctor...she has to go back for more surgery in April. They will be checking to see if the cancer did indeed get to other parts of her mid section. So, please, put that on the top of your prayer list. Her husband Rodney, is working at the same place, but in a very minor job as an errand boy, more or less. From boss to errand boy, what a downgrade. But for now, he is happy to have a job, I guess. So, that's another prayer item.

We have been getting reports from a LOT of the pastors we have been helping. We are so thankful for those who are so accountable to what is given them, so we can pass that on. I would say about 90% of what we have given out has gone for food to help those from Port to survive here. And many are trying to find ways to get some of these people work, even something small. I cannot imagine how these men must feel to have to take things when they are willing to work and earn a living, if it were only available.

Some of our help has gone directly to Port au Prince, actually a lot has gone down with those we can trust. The situation there is not good for anyone. But they are determined to continue with their lives and work things out. I have a lot of respect for those who can do that. But there are many who have no way to do it, and have left the city. They ALL need our prayers, continuously.

On that note, I want to include here a video on YouTube. It is awesome....
Click here: YouTube - Haiti Get Back Up / Ayiti Leve Kanpe / Haiti Levántate [HD]
I hope you take the time to watch it. There is a very definite determination to GET BACK UP by the people. The people who produced this did a great job...even though it brings tears to your eyes. (Thanks Eva for sending it to me!!) You may have to copy and paste it to get to it, but it's worth it.

Vero has been working like a tornado trying to clean the house. She never stops working. And I feel so lazy while she works....but can't help it right now. She said when I am feeling better, we are tackling the computer room...that is a HUGE job. Abbie is spending the night with Ray and Bonnie at Limbe. They will be gone for over three weeks and she loves going out and visiting with the orphans there. (And Richardo, too!) So we have one evening of quiet.

Time to sign off and get back to bed. You all pray for all the things above. We'll be praying for you, too. And pray for our container...we just found out it's been here for two days, and no one knew about it. All I can say is..."HAITI"... Pray for quick clearance and low duty. We love you all and hope to see you soon. Keep the Lord at the center of all you do...it's worth it!!!!!!!!!

No comments: