Thursday, March 11, 2010

March 11th Thursday

I have the chance to get on, so wanted to do a quick post. I'm still in West Palm Beach. It's still rather chilly...oh for the nice weather in Haiti.

My appointment went great. God IS SO good. Nothing major, just have to take care on some things and follow directions. I guess that's the hard part when there is so much to do.

For those of you who know Carolyn Smith...she had her surgery yesterday and it went great. I went and picked her up today and it's amazing how well she is doing. She said she feels very little pain but is tired. I figure the tired is not only from exhaustion of surgery, but from her last 2 months of all she has had going on in her life. Pray for her, for wisdom in NOT doing what she shouldn't and for her to also follow doctors orders and directions. Keep her in prayer, for total healing and strength.

I got word yesterday that our first HUGE load of tents should be in Cap today. Please pray for Don and for his having to deal with this on his own. He normally depends on me to do a lot of this stuff. So, he is STUCK with things I should be handling. But there was well over 11,000 pounds of cargo going into Cap today, so he will be working VERY hard and having to deal with a lot, aside from our own cargo. MFI sent a DC-6 with the Cap cargo today. That's a LOT to handle and process. (Maybe I'm glad I'm here and not there!) But I do know he can use the prayers.

I will be flying in with our team on Tuesday. Once there I can give you a better update on what is happening in Haiti at this time. Although I am far away, my heart still hurts for those who are having to live in such deplorable conditions. Pray for us to keep our focus on Jesus as we try to minister to those in need. There is so much that can distract us from the calling God has placed on us.

Keep our children in prayer also. Our daughter, Christine, and her twins are all down with pneumonia. She is having so many other problems that she can use all the prayers you send up for her. All of our children are facing or going through some rough times right now. It's hard not to be there for them and help out, but I have to follow what the Lord wants. BUT I can also ask you to pray for them, and I know the Lord will hear.

Till next time, keep praising God for who He is, for what He has done, and for what He will be doing in your life. He IS our guide and He is our shelter in times of problems. So, praise, praise, praise!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always you are in my thoughts and prayers. You both are so amazing and such a great example of God's love pure and simple. I will continue to pray for strength and endurance for you both as you continue to run towards the prize. Also, I will be continuing to pray for just the right supplies at just the right time. May God bless you richly today. Amy Mueller