Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Near to Christmas

Hello again,
Well, things are STILL calm and we are very happy with that.  They evidently had someone come in for a recount of the election results.  But are not announcing it until after Christmas.  Some have heard that they will hold off with the announcement until after the new year.  This would not be good, since we have teams scheduled.  That will be a time of NOT being on the roads or being visible.  Pray with us that things will be as the Lord wants it and that there will be safety for the teams.  We would hate to cancel teams since preparations have already been made with flights and all the expenses for a trip.  We are totally dependent on the Lord for wisdom and discernment for things now.  (Well, we always are, but right now it is so important for teams.)

Don has been working on the door for the gate, and as with everything here in Haiti, problems come up and make it so difficult.  I think the saying "everything that can go wrong will go wrong" has been a part of this whole job.  Add to this the beggars who stand right next to him and won't leave, you can see his frustration level is VERY high.  So please pray for him.  But  not for patience.  He needs strength, wisdom and for his mind to be clear on how to accomplish things the right way.

Yesterday we had a plane load of cargo...almost 6,000 pounds.  It was a hard, hot day, but God was good and we didn't have any major problems.  I am doing so much better physically, but the trip to the airport sure does work on me.  I am glad I am only making the trip once a week.  I could not handle more than that.  Don wanted me to go to town with him and Vero and Abbie to get some things this last week.  I said, nope, I know my limits.  I sure wanted to go, but know how it would affect me.  

Vero is doing SO good at the airport.  I'm so glad the Lord worked it out that she can be there for me.  And not only the pilots, but the airport people really like and respect her.  She has a great work ethic and does a fantastic job.  Her work with the evangelism is going really well, too.  She sure loves working for the Lord.  You can see it in her eyes when she gets home.  Pray with us that the Lord will touch hearts to help with her support.  She needs to meet her needs (and those she helps, too).  We know the Lord can do it, but still ask for your prayers.

Shannon has been working with Vero on the evangelism and also has her ministry with the older girls at EBAC.  They seem to be responding so well to her influence and to the way God is directing them.  Keep her in your prayers, also, for God to continue to use her as He directs.

Abbie, well, Abbie is Abbie.  She is a joy and inspiration to have around.  I had made a calendar for her to mark off the days till Christmas.  One day she marked off two days, hoping to bring Christmas sooner.  She is constantly sitting her dolls up and "preaching" to them.  And I have to say, she pretty much does a great job.  She takes a message she has heard in church and "expounds" on it.  And she is constantly playing with Peter Puppy.  The one puppy that survived when our dog Leah had pups.  We just pray that someone doesn't steal him like they have our other puppies.  

Well, I'd best be going and getting some work done here.  I keep waiting for someone to do it, but oh well, no one knows WHAT to do, so I'd better work.  You all have a super great Christ centered day.  Keep smiling, Jesus loves you, A LOT!!!!

1 comment:

glen nash said...

In spite of great odds I see smiles in your words!