Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wednesday and it's calm

Very happy to say it's relatively calm today and tonight.  Have heard a couple of gun shots in the distance.  But many times that is simply a home owner shooting in the air, saying I'm here and I have a gun.  Nothing exciting.  We keep praying this calm remains.  The situation with cholera is still a very prevalent thing.  It doesn't seem to be getting much better.  In fact in many areas it's getting worse.  Please keep praying for the whole thing.  Talked to the doc on Tuesday.  He looked totally worn out.  Health care workers are few and needs are many.  We've been praying for workers experienced in, or trained in, cholera situations.  If the workers we have here now wear down, they too, can become ill.  Maybe not with cholera, but sick just the same.  Please pray for the workers already here and for those God is moving to come and help.  

I found a paper a neat friend, Audrey, gave me (in Nov. of 2008), and I wanted to share it with you.  No idea who the author is, (it could be Audrey) but it reminded me of all of you out there, praying and keeping us going here!! You really are true friends.  And we praise God for you!!!

FRIENDSHIP

F ~ Fun-loving, Faithful
R ~ Risk of being real, understood
I ~ Interested in the welfare of others
E ~ Expect the best of others
N ~ Natural relationship, accept others
D ~ Delightful to be around
S ~ Sympathetic, Supportive, Sweet
H ~ Helpful, Hopeful, Healing, Happy
I ~ Interdependent by helping others
P ~ Patient, Pleasant to be around

If I were given another opportunity at life and friendship I would seize every minute of it!  I would look at it and really see it and live it for Jesus!!
Thanks Audrey, for keeping me looking UP and relying on Jesus for my strength and support. 

We just received a book from a friend.  It's a book on dealing with trauma, like the earthquake, in a Biblical way.  It's in Creole and is totally geared to the earthquake situation.  Everyone who has seen it has been really impressed with it.  I'm thinking we should order some for the pastors...maybe a few anyway.  It is geared for a seminar situation where the pastor would teach the leaders in the church, who would in turn, teach those under him and so on.  Pray with us as we make some decisions on this.

Our container is supposed to dock tomorrow.  We are praying it will, with some reservations.  But if we can get it soon, it would be great.  I have my Christmas Bag booklet and am getting ready to make decisions on who/what/where the Christmas Bags will go.  I really do like doing this, since we've seen the outcome of what these bag, with scriptures can do.  They give joy, yes, but they give hope, in the form of the Gospel.  And people ARE reading them.  Praise God for the work He is doing through Stan and Gloria, and Missy, and the whole group who put SO much into this program.  This DOES change lives for the Lord!!  Keep praying for them and check out the web site at right.  

Everyone here is in bed already.  They poured the ceiling on the IDADEE orphanage today.  A HUGE job...had 120 workers to mix cement, haul buckets and do the actual pouring.  But it's done, praise God!!  Vero and Shannon, with the help of others, made a meal for those guys...lots of work doing the meal, too.  God is REALLY good and is working wonders at the IDADEE compound!!

Tomorrow I'll try to download and share some photos with you.  Until then, keep smiling and keep Jesus at the center of all you do!!!


 

1 comment:

Jayson and Katy said...

I would love a picture of the IDADEE roof from up on the hill behind the building. I have been updating the website with progress shots from that vantage spot and that roof shoot would be awesome. I hope all is well.

Jayson