Saturday, October 9, 2010

Another day in Haiti

It seems every day has something else in store for us. But that is life all over the world, isn't it? Years ago I had thought life was a bit boring...well, never again. When we first received the Lord as our Savior, we learned a short little ditty. It went: "When you walk with the Lord, you don't get bored! Sing Alleluia, Amen!" Well, that is SO true. Now I KNOW the Lord has sense of humor...I'm living evidence of that!! I have to admit that this week has been hard on me, I've been down and feeling totally useless. Then Don came in and was so frustrated. He's been working, welding the ironwork for the posts for the gate in our driveway. He said there were so many people coming, he couldn't even weld. So, I took a chair, my book, and went out to sit by him. For some reason, when I'm there, the people scatter. So, I sat quite a bit of 2 days, while Don welded. Since I couldn't do much else, this was fine. BUT...at least I WAS doing something. Today was another of those days. I'm feeling a lot better and want to get back to work...but know I'm still a bit limited. This time Abbie came out to "help" grandpa and grandma...and she did. Got grandpa tools and things and felt pretty useful. My job was keeping people away and watching Abbie. She also took some time and went in the garage and put grandpa's tools away....we hope he can find them when he needs them!!

Another problem arose. Our new roof is leaking bad in several places. Shannon got up on the roof to put some caulking in the holes, but it wasn't the right kind. So, we are praying the rains we've had the last few nights will quit until we can get some of the right caulking for the roof, and some of the repair tape we need.

Yes, we've had rains...and lots of them. We get to points where we want to order some gopher wood from MFI. We know God said he wouldn't flood the EARTH again, but He didn't say he wouldn't take Haiti out with a flood. It's been some pretty wicked rains and flooding here this last week. But we didn't order the wood, we waited for the rains to stop. And we pray they have for now.

Vero is really excited about starting to help out at the airport with MFI. She knows what they do and how much they are helping everyone, and she wants to be a part of that. She is really keeping busy with different ministries already. Pray with us for her support.

And Shannon is on the go constantly ministering in so many areas. I know the three groups of girls she is meeting and sharing with at the orphanage are benefiting a LOT. And she is working in a lot of other areas as well.

I was going over some of the emails I had missed while stateside. I so enjoy Papa Roy's devotionals. The first one I typed here, I needed to hear, but the second one I think we all need to hear. He has such insight into things!!

1) Have faith in God. Be bold. Be persistent. If, for His own mysterious reasons, God does not heal your illness, you can be sure He will answer your prayer for supernatural strength to endure it.

2) We need to be a bit more tenacious as believers. Is there something you feel God is calling you to do but others have been less than encouraging? Go for it!! Be bold!! Don't let others dictate what you should or shouldn't be doing - leave that to the Lord!

So, with that, I'll close and send God's blessings your way!! He IS your strength!!

No comments: