Saturday, October 16, 2010

Another day in our life!

I have often wondered if you all get tired of me telling you of our days here in Haiti. Most are never the same...there is ALWAYS something different going on, but not a whole lot exciting. I guess my "ramblings" are just that...our day to day unexciting things. But if you are checking in, you can't be TOO bored, yet!

Don has been working so hard to get this gate going. He has spend DAYS welding the interior for just ONE post to hold the gates. He has another post to weld the interior for and then he can start on the actual GATE. He came in today and said, "Well, THAT welding job is done." Now he has to go and get sand, gravel and cement to get this post into the ground. That will happen, I think, on Monday.

Stan and Gloria arrived on Tuesday and have been busy. They have gone all over the place and seen a lot of different people. They have also gotten a lot of work done. The team from Pittsburgh comes in this coming Thursday and I think he is ready for them.

I have spent a couple of days working with Remy and Vero on setting up a blog. I was sure they would have no problem once it was set up. I was right. Remy LOVES it and is so excited to get it going. He wants to keep everyone informed on all that is happening at IDADEE. So, if you are interested in seeing what is happening, go to: www.IDADEEchildrenshome.blogspot.com There are already several posts on it.

Still need prayers for my right arm, shoulder and neck. Since the "flying trip", it just doesn't want to get better. I'm not real sure where "pushing too much", or "not enough pushing" is with this thing. It hurts either way, but doing the exercises hasn't made any difference. I'll keep doing them, simply because I don't want that arm to atrophy.

Had to also include an "Abbisim" in here. Over the last couple of years she has had some major problems with ant bites. Yesterday she got one little bite, and was furious with the ants in general. She didn't know anyone was around and she sat on the kitchen floor by the door, with a scissors. She was trying to cut the ants in half. She kept saying, "Want a piece of me?" And then snip, snip. Wish I had a video when she pulls some of this stuff.

I've been rereading the Psalms again. Why is it that every time I sit down with the Bible, there is always something I desperately need at that time? Gee...some might call it a coincident... I call it God intervening. He always knows what I need when I need it. It's another example of our AWESOME God.

For tonight, I pray you are all walking in the light of the Lord!!! Let His light shine forth from you to others!!! Blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen, we love hearing about your days there in Haiti, whether it's a "routine" day or something more exciting. We can't all go to the mission field, but we can all feel closer to those of you who are there when we hear about your daily lives. I was excited to hear about the new blog for IDADEE (sp?). I'm going to check it out in just a bit.

By the way, I think Jenny may be there with you by the time you read this. Give her a hug from me... I'm her Grandma G. in Indiana.

Karen B said...

I never get bored hearing about Haiti. I can hear it, smell it, feel it through your words.
I think of you guys often.