Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Well, I finally have the program working so I can download the photos I told you about before. These first ones are of the team and the work they accomplished.

Here is the baptism and the fun the team had at the ocean.
Some of the team just standing around talking...sort of!!
And here's Abbie doing her "doctor work". (Note the rain boots...part of her garb!)
Now it's catch up time, AGAIN! I left Haiti with the team a week ago. I have a couple of pinched nerves in my neck and the doc here sent me to see the chiropractor in West Palm. He was hoping I could get some relief from that. So, I went, along with Belle Romeus (another missionary gal, whose husband headed for Ethiopia at about the same time. He'll be gone 2 1/2 months.) We stayed at their place in West Palm. A quick wrap up of the trip...Belle and I had a great time. We ate lots of ice cream and simply had a good time together. My appointment was Friday. Doc adjusted me and worked some magic with acupressure. I was feeling a lot better (although not totally pain free). then we were able to spend some time with our good friend, Carolyn. Talk about a hen party!! Carolyn is the one I had asked you to pray for, since she was facing cancer. Her treatments are over and she is starting to feel a bit better. She's LOOKING great, though.

Then on Tuesday, we headed back home on MFI. It was good to be heading back home again, even though we had a great time stateside. When we stopped in Exuma, I got up to head to the back of the plane to get off....well, somehow, and I really have NO IDEA how, my feet flew out from under me just before the door. You guessed it, I landed on the right side...that HAD been feeling pretty good! I was SO upset! Ray and Bonnie also flew in with us, and Ray reached out to help me up. He comment was, "Now just walk calmly down the stairs, don't fly." I hit the top step and, yes, I flew...all the way to the bottom on my back and LEFT side!! I hurt bad enough, but my pride took a HUGE dent!! My left arm, on the underside is all black...a little scrape on the knee, but the other things didn't start hurting until
today....ooohhh, the back and bottom are sore, too!! Glad no one had a camera. I must have been a REAL sight. But I praise God that there are no broken bones and that I'm feeling pretty good...well, relatively speaking. By tomorrow I should be doing just fine. The bruising will be there for a while, but I can handle that. The most upsetting part is that the trip was to give me relief from the pain...and now I have MORE!! We had a good time, aside from the flying I did, on the floor and ground!!

Don is working hard on the gate...trying to get the welding done. It's really hard for him, since all the people come and bug him while he is out there working...and they won't leave. So, this morning, I took a chair out and stood guard while he worked. They stay away when I'm there.

Vero is finished at Culligan, praise the Lord!! It was hard for her, but God has given her a peace about it all now. And she is already working on things God has shown her He wants her to do. It's really awesome to see how God works, even when we have a problem seeing the future of things. She and Shannon are doing a lot of work with kids in many areas now, too. Pray with us that her support will come through and she will be able to do this work with no worries about finances.

Another neat thing I found about about this morning. Aunide (Stan's "adopted" daughter here), has been having "Sunday School" for the children in her area. She said they do not attend church and this is the only exposure to the Lord they get. She started having classes in her home for 35 kids. Shannon and Vero did a skit for the kids this last Sunday and they were so impressed with what Aunide is doing. God is using these older kids in mighty ways for HIM!!! Isn't that neat??


Oh, had to add one more picture of Abbie. She loves our dog, Zoe!! And Zoe loves her. Don grabbed the camera and had to take this one.
Well, since I've been gone a week, it's time to start "catching up" on the work I left behind. For a day or so it will be slow going, but I will get there, I'm sure. Have a super great, Christ centered day and let the Lord guide you in all things!!! Blessings on you!!

No comments: