Friday, October 22, 2010

Prayer needs!!

This week has been a bit of a struggle, in many ways. Aside from the constant pains, the internet has been acting up and it's SO frustrating, but I'm wading through all of that, and it seems there is a fellow on the team who can help with this. Pray for that!

Since I'm only allowed at the airport one day a week now, I didn't go in to meet the team on Thursday. And I had totally forgotten that the Hendricks Motor Sports group was flying in a work team, also. I had said I'd try to be there to meet them, but obviously I didn't make it. I am so upset about that.

I guess I need to state that WE ARE NOT IN ANY DANGER HERE!!!
And now for the HUGE prayer request. Haiti seems to be going through a horrible time. First it was the earthquake. Then in the aftermath of that, all of the homeless and starving. We were finally starting to get a grip and helping a lot where we could. Now this new hit has come. So many things to pray for concerning this latest set back. Pray for the doctors, the hospitals and the people themselves. I will put two web sites you can read about this. I think the best is "The Australian". But both give an overview of the situation now. The headline in "The Australian" is: "Cholera brings more misery to Haiti's quake survivors". It seems most of this is occurring in the Artibonite valley area of Haiti. This is quite a ways south and east of us. Please, keep this in prayer and lift it up on prayer chains whenever you can. The Haitians have suffered so much and now more is hitting them. Pray with us that God will step in and put His hand on things and help to overcome this latest tragedy.

The web sites are:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/cholera-brings-more-misery-to-haitis-quake-survivors/story-e6frg6so-1225942424279

http://www.hearldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/cholera-epidemic-hits-haiti-135-dead/story-e6frf7jx-1225942060829

If you have a problem getting to the sites (I hope I typed them right), simply go to either The Australian.com.au or to Hearldsun.com and find the stories.

Please keep praying for Haiti!!

No comments: